- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
- Twitter launches new tool to combat misinformation about voting Today 8:44 AM
- These Cards Will Get You Drunk is the game with one very obvious purpose Today 8:20 AM
- Conservative guy’s Elizabeth Warren op-ed inspires ‘slap in the face’ meme Today 7:37 AM
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’ takes a crowd-pleasing look at her life and groundbreaking career Today 7:30 AM
- Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley’s ‘Chaos Walking’ is so bad it’s ‘unreleasable’ Today 7:01 AM
Gigi and Bella Hadid pose nude for Vogue—and they’re getting s**t for it
Posing with nothing but wet hair, commenters on social media are pointing out how the sisters look almost unrecognizable and are claiming that the sisters are digitally altered to the point of being unrecognizable to their audience. “They photoshopped Bella’s beauty out of her face,” wrote one Twitter user.
they photoshopped bella's beauty out of her face
— 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐤𝐢 (@nationalslut) January 30, 2018
Bella is unrecognisable. “New Vogue” same old beauty standards.
— Natalie B (@hardtochase) January 30, 2018
Amid Photoshop allegations, the photo is also making some people very uncomfortable due to its sexual nature, which captures the sisters (Bella is 21, and Gigi is 22) posing nude beside each other.
Although receiving praise from much of their audience, the sister’s joint photo is causing a stir in the comments of Vogue‘s editor-in-chief, Edward Enninful’s Instagram and Twitter. People have a problem with the sister’s positioning in the shot, which shows Gigi’s bare legs, wrapped around Bella’s body, almost straddling each other.
gross that their faces were photoshopped to this extent. super gross that two siblings were asked to pose like this.
— juwayriyya (@mutantpasta) January 30, 2018
Some are calling Vogue out, claiming the magazine is sexualizing the sisters’ relationship. “Would two brothers pose this way?” one user asks. “Let’s try to not make women into such sexual objects…” they comment. “I thought we were getting away from sexualizing young women,” another Twitter user wrote. Many are calling the photo just flat-out “weird” and “creepy.”
I thought we were getting away from sexualizing young women..
— DS (@DsJetskifast) January 30, 2018
Bella and Gigi have not voiced concerns yet about the photos. Gigi wrote via Instagram on Monday that she was, “Very honored to be your March cover girl, Thank you thank you thank you.”
Carlos Devora is a journalist and social media marketer. He is based in Austin, Texas.