- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Monday 10:49 AM
‘Star Wars’ meets ‘SportsNation’ in an ESPN Halloween special
Sports fans are about to feel the Force for the holiday.
ESPN 2 is about to get a major boost from the Force this Halloween when it airs a special half-hour Star Wars episode for the holiday. According to The Hollywood Reporter, SportsNation hosts Michelle Beadle, Max Kellerman, and Marcellus Wiley will be entering the galaxy far, far away in a big way on Thursday’s show.
Not only is ESPN 2 redecorating the set so that it looks like the iconic Millennium Falcon, but the show will also feature characters from the Star Wars franchise like Darth Vader, R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Yoda, Boba Fett, and Han Solo. Even a brand new character from the universe, Star Wars Rebels’ grumpy droid Chopper, will stop by.
This is SportsNation, of course, so you can also expect them to show some Star Wars-inspired sports clips. It’s anyone’s guess who will win “Best Jedi Mind Trick” or “Most Unstoppable Skywalkers.” Throw in the fact that this special will also debut an exclusive clip from a future Rebels episode, and it’s clear that Disney is going all-out to promote its newest franchise on the Mouse-owned sports channel. You can watch the opening of the special in the video below.
SportsNation’s Star Wars Halloween episode will premiere on Thursday at 7:30pm and re-air on Friday at 3pm.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.