- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines 1 Year Ago
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Today 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Today 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
In what’s already the cutest freaking news of 2018, Ellen Page announced that she married her longtime girlfriend, dancer Emma Portner.
The 30-year-old actress made the announcement via Instagram on Wednesday with photos of the couple, including their hands showing off wedding bands and cuddly nature shots.
“Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife,” Page wrote.
Portner posted photos to her own Instagram as well.
“I get to call this incredible woman MY WIFE!” she wrote. “@ellenpage I LOVE YOU!”
On Twitter, Page’s fans were equal parts overjoyed and devastated to learn their dreams of marrying the Juno and Inception star seemed unlikelier than ever.
ellen page getting married to emma portner literally fills my heart with such joy im so happy for them i wasn't prepared for feeling so much abt this im
— ange (@littlescloud) January 3, 2018
It's cool I'm crying aggressively about Ellen Page getting married
— kj (@kk0sh) January 3, 2018
Tough way to find out that I am not married to Ellen Page. https://t.co/3X7yQm0W9N
— Sam Montgomery (@sammontgomery) January 3, 2018
Ellen Page is married no one speak to me until further notice
— analoca (@analoca_) January 3, 2018
— Dorothy Snarker (@dorothysnarker) January 3, 2018
Page, who came out in 2014 at a Human Rights Campaign convention, didn’t reveal any details about when and where she and Portner got hitched. But if their adorable dancing videos are any indication, it was probably cute as heck.
Here’s to hoping there’s plenty more good gay news to come in 2018!
ellen page got married happy 2018 everybody
— HRM Queer Elizabeth II (@sallyt) January 3, 2018
ELLEN PAGE GOT MARRIED Y’ALL THIS IS SUCH A GAY YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JAN 3
— Kacosta (@mexcellentt) January 3, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.