- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world 2 Years Ago
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
In what’s already the cutest freaking news of 2018, Ellen Page announced that she married her longtime girlfriend, dancer Emma Portner.
The 30-year-old actress made the announcement via Instagram on Wednesday with photos of the couple, including their hands showing off wedding bands and cuddly nature shots.
“Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife,” Page wrote.
Portner posted photos to her own Instagram as well.
“I get to call this incredible woman MY WIFE!” she wrote. “@ellenpage I LOVE YOU!”
On Twitter, Page’s fans were equal parts overjoyed and devastated to learn their dreams of marrying the Juno and Inception star seemed unlikelier than ever.
ellen page getting married to emma portner literally fills my heart with such joy im so happy for them i wasn't prepared for feeling so much abt this im— ange (@littlescloud) January 3, 2018
It's cool I'm crying aggressively about Ellen Page getting married— kj (@kk0sh) January 3, 2018
Tough way to find out that I am not married to Ellen Page. https://t.co/3X7yQm0W9N— Sam Montgomery (@sammontgomery) January 3, 2018
Ellen Page is married no one speak to me until further notice— analoca (@analoca_) January 3, 2018
Page, who came out in 2014 at a Human Rights Campaign convention, didn’t reveal any details about when and where she and Portner got hitched. But if their adorable dancing videos are any indication, it was probably cute as heck.
Here’s to hoping there’s plenty more good gay news to come in 2018!
ellen page got married happy 2018 everybody— HRM Queer Elizabeth II (@sallyt) January 3, 2018
ELLEN PAGE GOT MARRIED Y’ALL THIS IS SUCH A GAY YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JAN 3— Kacosta (@mexcellentt) January 3, 2018
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.