- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
In what’s already the cutest freaking news of 2018, Ellen Page announced that she married her longtime girlfriend, dancer Emma Portner.
The 30-year-old actress made the announcement via Instagram on Wednesday with photos of the couple, including their hands showing off wedding bands and cuddly nature shots.
“Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife,” Page wrote.
Portner posted photos to her own Instagram as well.
“I get to call this incredible woman MY WIFE!” she wrote. “@ellenpage I LOVE YOU!”
On Twitter, Page’s fans were equal parts overjoyed and devastated to learn their dreams of marrying the Juno and Inception star seemed unlikelier than ever.
ellen page getting married to emma portner literally fills my heart with such joy im so happy for them i wasn't prepared for feeling so much abt this im
— ange (@littlescloud) January 3, 2018
It's cool I'm crying aggressively about Ellen Page getting married
— kj (@kk0sh) January 3, 2018
Tough way to find out that I am not married to Ellen Page. https://t.co/3X7yQm0W9N
— Sam Montgomery (@sammontgomery) January 3, 2018
Ellen Page is married no one speak to me until further notice
— analoca (@analoca_) January 3, 2018
— Dorothy Snarker (@dorothysnarker) January 3, 2018
Page, who came out in 2014 at a Human Rights Campaign convention, didn’t reveal any details about when and where she and Portner got hitched. But if their adorable dancing videos are any indication, it was probably cute as heck.
Here’s to hoping there’s plenty more good gay news to come in 2018!
ellen page got married happy 2018 everybody
— HRM Queer Elizabeth II (@sallyt) January 3, 2018
ELLEN PAGE GOT MARRIED Y’ALL THIS IS SUCH A GAY YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JAN 3
— Kacosta (@mexcellentt) January 3, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.