- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made 2 Years Ago
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms 2 Years Ago
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win 2 Years Ago
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Today 9:56 AM
- Pete Buttigieg ripped for basketball ‘field’ tribute to Kobe Bryant Today 9:13 AM
- See how Logan Paul reacted to a college student spitting on him Today 8:50 AM
- Lewis Capaldi mistaken for Grammy seat filler because no one knows who he is Today 7:40 AM
- Why we’re obsessed with abandoned power plants and theme parks Today 7:00 AM
- Democrats are open to changing one of the internet’s bedrock principles Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Social media makes me feel like my career is lagging. Will I ever catch up? Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Zola’ is a surreal and wild tale of a road trip gone wrong Today 5:00 AM
- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
In what’s already the cutest freaking news of 2018, Ellen Page announced that she married her longtime girlfriend, dancer Emma Portner.
The 30-year-old actress made the announcement via Instagram on Wednesday with photos of the couple, including their hands showing off wedding bands and cuddly nature shots.
“Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife,” Page wrote.
Portner posted photos to her own Instagram as well.
“I get to call this incredible woman MY WIFE!” she wrote. “@ellenpage I LOVE YOU!”
On Twitter, Page’s fans were equal parts overjoyed and devastated to learn their dreams of marrying the Juno and Inception star seemed unlikelier than ever.
ellen page getting married to emma portner literally fills my heart with such joy im so happy for them i wasn't prepared for feeling so much abt this im— ange (@littlescloud) January 3, 2018
It's cool I'm crying aggressively about Ellen Page getting married— kj (@kk0sh) January 3, 2018
Tough way to find out that I am not married to Ellen Page. https://t.co/3X7yQm0W9N— Sam Montgomery (@sammontgomery) January 3, 2018
Ellen Page is married no one speak to me until further notice— analoca (@analoca_) January 3, 2018
Page, who came out in 2014 at a Human Rights Campaign convention, didn’t reveal any details about when and where she and Portner got hitched. But if their adorable dancing videos are any indication, it was probably cute as heck.
Here’s to hoping there’s plenty more good gay news to come in 2018!
ellen page got married happy 2018 everybody— HRM Queer Elizabeth II (@sallyt) January 3, 2018
ELLEN PAGE GOT MARRIED Y’ALL THIS IS SUCH A GAY YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JAN 3— Kacosta (@mexcellentt) January 3, 2018
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.