- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings 6 Years Ago
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? 6 Years Ago
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
Five Guys reviewer Daym Drops lands Travel Channel show
Daily Dot favorite Daymon Patterson continues moving on up in this multimedia world this week.
Daily Dot favorite Daymon Patterson continues moving on up in this multimedia world this week. The YouTube food reviewer, who first came into public eye last summer when his in-car review of Five Guys Burgers and Fries went ballistic on the Internet, announced Tuesday that he’s going to have a food reviews show premiering on The Travel Channel.
“Best Daym Takeout” won’t revolve around Patterson’s signature fast food diet that’s made him such a popular YouTube personality. Rather, the show will find Big Daym cruising around the country reviewing various takeout establishments throughout each city. Think Shake Shack in New York, Japadog in Vancouver, or Anna’s Taqueria in Boston.
There’s no word quite yet on the details concerning a premiere date.
Either way, it’s great news for The Travel Channel and even better news for Daymon Patterson, who the Daily Dot has covered en masse.
The Connecticut native was working at a CarMax near Hartford when one of his many lunchtime reviews got picked up on Reddit. A few days later, he was the talk of the town, getting picked up by Gawker, NBC, and a whole slew of additional outlets. By the time we profiled him in August, Patterson had already quit his job and begun making videos full-time.
Patterson made his television debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon just a few months later.
Photo via Daymon Patterson/Shelby Stephens
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.