- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
‘Daily Show’ correspondent Jordan Klepper prepares some ‘supplies’ for the Oregon militia
He’s got (some) of what they need.
At least one Daily Show correspondent has become sympathetic to the pleas of the Oregon militia that took over a federal wildlife refuge following a protest in support of two farmers sentenced for arson.
The militia has been mocked mercilessly online, and debates continue over whether its members are committing sedition (as well as what to call them), all while federal authorities try to avoid a confrontation. And perhaps the militia didn’t expect their standoff to last as long as it did, because they’ve now asked their supporters to send them food and supplies such as snacks, cold weather socks, snow camo, and energy drinks.
Jordan Klepper hears their call. Luckily for them, the standoff started just after Christmas, so he found a way to help the militia members and get rid of all of his terrible Christmas presents in one swoop. It’s not everything they asked for, but hey, it’s something.
Screengrab via The Daily Show
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.