- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls 5 Years Ago
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf 5 Years Ago
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
Cookie Monster is a creature of many trades. He’s a newsmonster, a wizard, a Jedi Knight, and even a parody master. But when it comes to writing jokes, he sticks to what he knows, leaving a very limited selection.
Jimmy Kimmel originally brought Cookie Monster onto his joke-writing staff because he was such a fan of the monster’s work. All Kimmel wanted was some topical jokes about Facebook, but in hiring the monster, the late-night host bit off a lot more than he could chew.
It wasn’t easy for Cookie Monster either. He faced restrictions on his joke writing, and no sensible monster can work in those conditions. It’s blasphemy!
Cookie Monster’s next job at Jimmy Kimmel Live, however, is a lot more suitable for him.
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.