- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
YouTube stars Cole and Savannah LaBrant upset their 6-year-old daughter—and many other people on the internet—after pretending they planned to give away the family’s puppy for an April Fools’ prank.
A video uploaded for the YouTube channel’s 8.7 million subscribers on Monday was called “We Have to Give Our Puppy Away… Saying Goodbye Forever :(.”
The vlog shows the family going about their normal routines until Everleigh is seen facedown on the couch, crying over the news that they’re “giving Carl away to somebody else.”
“We feel like we can’t take good enough care of him at our house,” Sav says to the camera as a red-faced Everleigh sniffles beside her. “I feel like we’re always gone, always filming or out and about … We’re always just busy doing stuff.”
But a couple minutes later, Sav leans down to Everleigh and whispers, “April Fools’!” She starts to cry again. Cole says that “at least it is going to make Ev super love Carl now,” and the second half of the video shows Everleigh playing a revenge prank.
At the end, Sav assures viewers that Everleigh is “OK.”
“She cried for like two minutes and she’s the happiest kid ever now, we prank each other all the time,” she said.
But many people on social media were furious over the prank, saying it’s traumatizing for the young girl. Criticisms poured in on Twitter and Instagram, and comments have been disabled on the YouTube video.
I like Cole and Savannah LaBrant, I think they're a beautiful family and one of the only YouTube Family Channels I subscribe to.— 🌻Ashley🌻 (@TeachThatAsh) April 3, 2019
However, the prank on Everleigh was over the line.
And they should've stopped as soon as she was that visibly upset over giving her dog away. pic.twitter.com/pTQ8zYr5I7
Last August, the LaBronts were accused of lying in a vlog about being forced to evacuate their home due to California’s wildfires.
- Popular YouTube star Hampton Brandon arrested during live stream
- JoJo Siwa ‘babysits’ North West for a day and vlogs about it
- PewDiePie disses T-Series for becoming No. 1 on YouTube
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.