- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
YouTube stars Cole and Savannah LaBrant upset their 6-year-old daughter—and many other people on the internet—after pretending they planned to give away the family’s puppy for an April Fools’ prank.
A video uploaded for the YouTube channel’s 8.7 million subscribers on Monday was called “We Have to Give Our Puppy Away… Saying Goodbye Forever :(.”
The vlog shows the family going about their normal routines until Everleigh is seen facedown on the couch, crying over the news that they’re “giving Carl away to somebody else.”
“We feel like we can’t take good enough care of him at our house,” Sav says to the camera as a red-faced Everleigh sniffles beside her. “I feel like we’re always gone, always filming or out and about … We’re always just busy doing stuff.”
But a couple minutes later, Sav leans down to Everleigh and whispers, “April Fools’!” She starts to cry again. Cole says that “at least it is going to make Ev super love Carl now,” and the second half of the video shows Everleigh playing a revenge prank.
At the end, Sav assures viewers that Everleigh is “OK.”
“She cried for like two minutes and she’s the happiest kid ever now, we prank each other all the time,” she said.
But many people on social media were furious over the prank, saying it’s traumatizing for the young girl. Criticisms poured in on Twitter and Instagram, and comments have been disabled on the YouTube video.
I like Cole and Savannah LaBrant, I think they're a beautiful family and one of the only YouTube Family Channels I subscribe to.
However, the prank on Everleigh was over the line.
And they should've stopped as soon as she was that visibly upset over giving her dog away. pic.twitter.com/pTQ8zYr5I7
— 🌻Ashley🌻 (@TeachThatAsh) April 3, 2019
Last August, the LaBronts were accused of lying in a vlog about being forced to evacuate their home due to California’s wildfires.
- Popular YouTube star Hampton Brandon arrested during live stream
- JoJo Siwa ‘babysits’ North West for a day and vlogs about it
- PewDiePie disses T-Series for becoming No. 1 on YouTube
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.