- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users 9 Months Ago
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live 9 Months Ago
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay 9 Months Ago
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago 9 Months Ago
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days 9 Months Ago
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax Today 11:15 AM
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU Today 11:13 AM
“Parlophone Records are delighted to present new signing #LosUnidades,” the band’s record label tweeted with a photo of four people who many have said look like Coldplay.
A Coldplay fan account did some digging to get to the truth. They found that a legal trademark agreement that says the founding members of Los Unidades are the four members of Coldplay—Chris Martin, Jon Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion.
It’s official.— ColdplayXtra (@coldplayxtra) November 27, 2018
According to a legal trademark agreement the founding members of #LosUnidades are:
- Chris Martin
- Jon Buckland
- Guy Berryman
- Will Champion
🔗 https://t.co/iujTcynzRI pic.twitter.com/a1Gv6Ff26Y
Fans also looked closely at the poster and found that the series of letter and number at the bottom reading Y02LPAC81ODL is an anagram of COLDPLAY2018.
“I have a theory: Chris said A Head Full of Dreams was the last ‘Coldplay’ album right. In the Head Full of Dreams documentary the band said they still feel they ‘have not got the name right’ what if the new album will be called Los Unidades and is going to be the name they will release music under now,” one person floated.
I have a theory: Chris said AHFOD was the last "Coldplay" album right. In the AHFOD doco the band said they still feel they "have not got the name right" what if the new album will be called Los Unidades and is going to be the name they will release music under now.— Adam Monaghan (@MrAdamMonaghan) November 27, 2018
This comes after the band’s friend and collaborator Mat Whitecross told NME they were planning a new album for next year.
“This year, they decided to take off. They haven’t been doing anything as far as I know, but they do have plans for next year, however, I’ve not been party to them,” he said.
Until then, I’m going to listen to “Yellow” by Los Unidades.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.