- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
“Parlophone Records are delighted to present new signing #LosUnidades,” the band’s record label tweeted with a photo of four people who many have said look like Coldplay.
— Parlophone Records (@parlophone) November 26, 2018
A Coldplay fan account did some digging to get to the truth. They found that a legal trademark agreement that says the founding members of Los Unidades are the four members of Coldplay—Chris Martin, Jon Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion.
According to a legal trademark agreement the founding members of #LosUnidades are:
– Chris Martin
– Jon Buckland
– Guy Berryman
– Will Champion
— ColdplayXtra (@coldplayxtra) November 27, 2018
Fans also looked closely at the poster and found that the series of letter and number at the bottom reading Y02LPAC81ODL is an anagram of COLDPLAY2018.
“I have a theory: Chris said A Head Full of Dreams was the last ‘Coldplay’ album right. In the Head Full of Dreams documentary the band said they still feel they ‘have not got the name right’ what if the new album will be called Los Unidades and is going to be the name they will release music under now,” one person floated.
I have a theory: Chris said AHFOD was the last "Coldplay" album right. In the AHFOD doco the band said they still feel they "have not got the name right" what if the new album will be called Los Unidades and is going to be the name they will release music under now.
— Adam Monaghan (@MrAdamMonaghan) November 27, 2018
This comes after the band’s friend and collaborator Mat Whitecross told NME they were planning a new album for next year.
“This year, they decided to take off. They haven’t been doing anything as far as I know, but they do have plans for next year, however, I’ve not been party to them,” he said.
Until then, I’m going to listen to “Yellow” by Los Unidades.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.