- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June 2 Years Ago
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending 2 Years Ago
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
Chrissy Teigen is getting bombarded with photos of John Legend lookalike babies
‘STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.’
It may have started with one viral lookalike in 2014, but it turns out lots of babies bear a startling resemblance to R&B crooner John Legend. So much so that his wife Chrissy Teigen‘s Twitter mentions are out of control on a day-to-day basis. The floodgates seemed to really open again over the weekend when a fan found photos of a new, admittedly Legend-esque baby and tweeted them to the singer requesting an explanation.
— Menzi (@MrMenziN) June 30, 2017
Soon people replied with pictures of their own babies.
— Sabina (@WordsBySM) July 1, 2017
another one. pic.twitter.com/hGBT2opUwv
— CLAWTLY (@clawtly) July 1, 2017
All of them bearing, in one way or another, some resemblance to Legend.
After dealing with the deluge in silence for days, Teigen finally weighed in when fan @saracenic presented a theory Monday: Maybe these babies don’t look like John Legend at all. Maybe John Legend… just looks like a baby.
I think the reason all these babies look like John Legend might be that John Legend looks like a baby https://t.co/ntB2HdZgRI
— Alfred Pennyworth (@saracenic) July 1, 2017
First, the theory got Legend’s calm seal of approval early Monday morning:
— John Legend (@johnlegend) July 3, 2017
Then hours later, Teigen’s decidedly less-calm sign-off rolled through.
“A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM,” she tweeted in caps. “STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.”
For the LAST TIME, JOHN looks like a baby so A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 4, 2017
So now we know: John Legend looks like a baby, not the other way around.
Don’t get it twisted.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.