- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Chrissy Teigen is getting bombarded with photos of John Legend lookalike babies
‘STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.’
It may have started with one viral lookalike in 2014, but it turns out lots of babies bear a startling resemblance to R&B crooner John Legend. So much so that his wife Chrissy Teigen‘s Twitter mentions are out of control on a day-to-day basis. The floodgates seemed to really open again over the weekend when a fan found photos of a new, admittedly Legend-esque baby and tweeted them to the singer requesting an explanation.
— Menzi (@MrMenziN) June 30, 2017
Soon people replied with pictures of their own babies.
— Sabina (@WordsBySM) July 1, 2017
another one. pic.twitter.com/hGBT2opUwv
— CLAWTLY (@clawtly) July 1, 2017
All of them bearing, in one way or another, some resemblance to Legend.
After dealing with the deluge in silence for days, Teigen finally weighed in when fan @saracenic presented a theory Monday: Maybe these babies don’t look like John Legend at all. Maybe John Legend… just looks like a baby.
I think the reason all these babies look like John Legend might be that John Legend looks like a baby https://t.co/ntB2HdZgRI
— Alfred Pennyworth (@saracenic) July 1, 2017
First, the theory got Legend’s calm seal of approval early Monday morning:
— John Legend (@johnlegend) July 3, 2017
Then hours later, Teigen’s decidedly less-calm sign-off rolled through.
“A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM,” she tweeted in caps. “STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.”
For the LAST TIME, JOHN looks like a baby so A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 4, 2017
So now we know: John Legend looks like a baby, not the other way around.
Don’t get it twisted.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.