- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best 2 Years Ago
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
- CBS All Access now offers a month for free—just in time for March Madness Today 8:39 AM
- The Apex Legends: season 1 battle pass is finally here—and there’s a lot to unpack Today 8:38 AM
Chrissy Teigen is getting bombarded with photos of John Legend lookalike babies
‘STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.’
It may have started with one viral lookalike in 2014, but it turns out lots of babies bear a startling resemblance to R&B crooner John Legend. So much so that his wife Chrissy Teigen‘s Twitter mentions are out of control on a day-to-day basis. The floodgates seemed to really open again over the weekend when a fan found photos of a new, admittedly Legend-esque baby and tweeted them to the singer requesting an explanation.
— Menzi (@MrMenziN) June 30, 2017
Soon people replied with pictures of their own babies.
— Sabina (@WordsBySM) July 1, 2017
another one. pic.twitter.com/hGBT2opUwv
— CLAWTLY (@clawtly) July 1, 2017
All of them bearing, in one way or another, some resemblance to Legend.
After dealing with the deluge in silence for days, Teigen finally weighed in when fan @saracenic presented a theory Monday: Maybe these babies don’t look like John Legend at all. Maybe John Legend… just looks like a baby.
I think the reason all these babies look like John Legend might be that John Legend looks like a baby https://t.co/ntB2HdZgRI
— Alfred Pennyworth (@saracenic) July 1, 2017
First, the theory got Legend’s calm seal of approval early Monday morning:
— John Legend (@johnlegend) July 3, 2017
Then hours later, Teigen’s decidedly less-calm sign-off rolled through.
“A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM,” she tweeted in caps. “STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES.”
For the LAST TIME, JOHN looks like a baby so A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 4, 2017
So now we know: John Legend looks like a baby, not the other way around.
Don’t get it twisted.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.