- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ 5 Years Ago
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
For weeks, the Internet has been gripped with excitement as it watched celebrity BFFs Chris Evans and Chris Pratt get serious about sports. What began as friendly football trash talk on Twitter soon turned into an all out Super Bowl bet with heroic stakes.
If Pratt’s Seahawks won, Evans vowed to don his Captain America costume and make the rounds at Seattle Children’s Hospital. If Evans’ Patriots took home the Vince Lombardi Trophy, Pratt pledged to transform into Star-Lord and spread some smiles at Christopher’s Haven in Boston.
With stakes this high, there was no way these Chrises could simply watch the game from the comfort of a couch, so the twosome ventured out to Phoenix, Ariz., to take in the Super Bowl in person. The duo even posed for a few photos during the game, showing that no matter the victor, there would be no hard feelings between these besties.
But when it comes to making good on a wager, the Star-Lord wastes no time. Though the final minutes of the game saw victory slip from the Seahawks’ fingers, Pratt was all smiles on Friday morning when he arrived at Christopher’s Haven in full Guardians of the Galaxy regalia. While he didn’t sport a Tom Brady jersey as promised, the actor served up plenty of smiles while posing alongside kids and families decked out in their Patriots best.
Not wanting to miss a chance to gloat about Malcolm Butler’s stellar interception, Evans made the rounds as well. Even though he wasn’t in costume, the Captain America actor took time to pose for pictures with pint-sized fans and sign some shields for a few brave kids.
When two epic Chrises combine their powers for good, everyone wins. Since Evans is such a good sport, the two have promised to head west and make the rounds at Seattle Children’s Hospital together.
coming there too! And lastly, I don’t think anyone can ever doubt the mental toughness of Tom Brady. Tough couple weeks, but he showed why
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) February 2, 2015
Although the epic #SuperHeroBowl bet is coming to a close, we’ll always have the photos and tweets to look back on fondly as we dream about this heroic friendship.
Photo via Chris Pratt/Facebook
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.