- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
After allegedly pulling a gun on a woman early Tuesday, singer Chris Brown is in a standoff with police at his Los Angeles home.
Law enforcement has been outside Brown’s residence since since about 3am PT, according to Jezebel, waiting on a search warrant. This after an unnamed woman called the police and said Brown pulled a gun on her following an argument.
Brown has reportedly demanded a warrant from law enforcement before allowing them to enter his home. During the standoff, Brown apparently threw a duffel bag full of guns and drugs out of his window, TMZ reports.
The Los Angeles Police Department sent a SWAT team to Brown’s house as a precautionary measure, an LAPD spokesperson told TMZ.
Police have not confirmed whether Brown actually pointed a gun at the woman. Late Monday, Brown was hosting guests—including singer Ray J—when uninvited people arrived. After an alleged scuffle, a woman filed a police report saying Brown pulled a gun.
In the interim, Brown has been posting Instagram videos from his home claiming his innocence.
“I’m way too tired to be dealing with this bullshit,” Brown said in a video. “I’m innocent, fuck everybody.”
He’s apparently reading headlines, too, complaining about them in another clip.
“Y’all ain’t doing nothing but giving me better publicity,” Brown said. “‘Barricaded myself in my house’? Have you seen my house?… It’s always going to be fuck the police: black lives matter.”
His second video speaks directly to authorities: “Good luck, when you get the warrant or whatever you need, you can walk right up in here and you gon’ see nothing, you idiots.”
His third video is a promotional push for folks to stream his music.
TMZ reports that the woman who made the accusation has previously won a beauty pageant, though authorities have not yet revealed her identity.
You can livestream the standoff news coverage here.
Update 7:13pm CT: Brown has been arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Associated Press.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.