- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Picture this: Joe Jonas is sitting in a robe with stacks of pancakes, covering them in sticky syrup. Mac Demarco is licking a white guitar, shirtless, while never breaking eye contact with you. Khalid is holding two colorful puppies that are licking his face. Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig is there too, brushing his teeth.
No, I’m not talking about your last wet dream. It all takes place in Charli XCX’s new music video for the boy-crazy pop anthem “Boys.” This video features dozens of V.I.B.s—very important boys—from Wiz Khalifa and Jack Antonoff, to Stormzy and Diplo.
This self-directed music video is a tribute to some of the most influential boys in pop culture. It’s every boy lover’s fantasy. No one is doing anything important in this video. The boys are eating cereal, and riding bikes, and some are just standing there. But it doesn’t matter because boys don’t need to do anything. We just want to look at them. In this song, Charli sings about all the different types of boys she needs, because she understand that one boy is never enough. We need them all.
Here’s a list of all the boys:
Aminé; AG Cook; Barns Courtney; Brendan Urie; Bring Me The Horizon (Oli); Buddy; Cameron Dallas; Charlie Puth; Chromeo; Cobra Snake; Connor Franta; Dan Smith (Bastille); Denzel Curry; Di Casp (Youtuber); Diplo; Fai Khadra; Flume; Frank Carter; G Eazy; Jack Antonoff; Jack Guinness; Jay Park; Jay Prince; Joe Jonas; Joey Badass; Kaytranada; Khalid; Liam Fray (Courteeners); Mac DeMarco; Mark Ronson; Max Hershenow (MS MR); Mic Lowry; MNEK; One Ok Rock; Poet; Portugal, The Man; Prince & Jacob; Riz Ahmed & The Swet Shop Boys; Sage The Gemini; Shamari Maurice; Shokichi; Shaun Ross; Spector (Fred); Stormzy; THEY; The Fat Jew; The Hurts (Theo); The Libertines (Carl Barratt); The Slaves (Laurie); The Vamps (Tristan and James); Tinie Tempah; Tom Daley; Tom Grennan; Tommy Cash; Ty Dolla Sign; Vance Joy; Vampire Weekend (Ezra and Rostam); Will.i.am; Wiz Khalifa; Wstrn; BING WINNERS.
Every scene in the video involves some sort of millennial pink, giving it an even more flirty and fun vibe. It’s rare that we get to see so many famous boys in such a short amount of time—and from a distinctly feminine gaze. After watching this video, you too will be busy thinking about boys.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.