- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
You just might run into them at a PokéStop.
The release of Nintendo’s game for smartphones allows users to fulfill their dream of becoming a trainer, finding and capturing Pokémon in the real world by using the phone’s GPS system to let Pokémon “appear” in their surroundings.
With more than 7.5 million U.S. downloads and surging, it’s no surprise that celebrities who used to play the beloved game on their Nintendo Gameboys back in the day are filling up their star-studded time on the hunt.
1) Chrissy Teigen
The supermodel took to Twitter to ask her fans whether she should embark on the new journey. She soon found a new obsession.
Am I too old to catch Pokemon?
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 10, 2016
However, it didn’t last very long…
I’m over Pokemon. Please let’s pretend I never played and I never bought hundreds of pounds of incense
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 12, 2016
2) John Mayer
The singer and songwriter posted an Instagram showing how much he puts into the new game, no matter what it costs.
3) The Dallas Mavericks
Even famous athletes are setting aside time from practice to hang out with their favorites.
4) Wiz Khalifa
Rapper Wiz Khalifa just doesn’t care about risking his privacy level to find Mewtwo.
I know about the privacy issues wit Pokemon but fuck man. Nigga gotta catch em all.
— Wiz Khalifa (@wizkhalifa) July 12, 2016
I’m havin so much fun.
— Wiz Khalifa (@wizkhalifa) July 12, 2016
5) Trevor Noah
The Daily Show host is awfully defensive about how much he digs the game.
6) Nyle DiMarco
The America’s Next Top Model and Dancing with the Stars winner shared his first wild Pokémon encounter with the world. Nice work.
Just caught my very first Pokemon Go:
— Nyle DiMarco (@NyleDiMarco) July 11, 2016
7) Kevin Jonas
The ex-Joe Bro exposed his secret to finding the most Pokémon, but little did he know that is cheating. You can’t have it all Kevin.
8) Mario Lopez
The Saved By The Bell actor and Extra host exercises his true talent as a trainer by catching a majestic Magikarp at Universal Studios.
9) Idris Elba
What better way to announce his obsession than striking a sexy pose with his buddy Squirtle at the Star Trek premiere?
10) Joe Jonas
The budding rock star is not only playing, but actively stirring the rumor mill.
11) Danny Trejo
The Breaking Bad standout is at least in on the joke.
The only thing left is confirmation that Drake is out there somewhere trying to catch a Pikachu.
Keep snatching these beautiful creatures.
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.