- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
Cardi B‘s highly anticipated debut album “Invasion of Privacy” finally dropped Friday morning, and fans are loving it.
The meme-friendy rapper had big shoes to fill after her first single “Bodak Yellow” hit the No. 1 spot on the Billboard charts, making her only the second solo female hip-hop artist (after Lauren Hill in 1998) to achieve the honor, but she has more than delivered as far as Twitter concerned.
Cardi B album flowing pic.twitter.com/IEf7ja01wQ— WOODROW CASTLE (@RECKLESSWOODY) April 6, 2018
Seeing what this Cardi B album talmbout.... pic.twitter.com/y1uPrtDo9u— Damien Woody (@damienwoody) April 6, 2018
bless the heart of whoever the first person is who decides they don't love this cardi b album. they gon make it hard on you.— El Flaco (@bomani_jones) April 6, 2018
One lyric off “She Bad” even had Twitter queen Chrissy Teigen shook:
Gasp!! *drops biscuits* https://t.co/COfLAuTs7H— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) April 6, 2018
Cardi also seized the opportunity to squash any lingering rumors about bad blood between herself and fellow New York rapper Nicki Minaj. In an interview with Beats 1 Thursday, Cardi explained that she has nothing but love for Nicki despite online speculation.
“It’s really internet made-up,” she said. “I feel like fans and people want to see that happen because it’s really entertaining. I ain’t even gonna front. When Nicki and Remy was beefing, everybody was tuning in like, ‘What’s next?’ But I don’t have time for that. If you ain’t f*cking my man or if you not taking my money from me, you not stopping my money, I don’t give a f*ck about you.”
And there you have it, folks. Sometimes two ladies can be good at the same thing and like each other, too.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.