- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ 3 Months Ago
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 MTV Awards for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for a recent spate of unconnected deaths Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Nick Jr. online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live
Cardi B admitted that when she worked as a stripper, she used to drug men and then rob them, Uproxx reports. Twitter is flooded with mixed responses.
“I had to go strip. I had to go, ‘Oh yeah, you wanna fuck me? Yeah yeah yeah, let’s go back to this hotel.’ I drugged [N-word] up and I’d rob them. That’s what I used to do. Nothing was motherfucking handed to me,” the rapper said in the Instagram Live video from over the weekend, which can now be seen on Twitter. It seems that Cardi B was responding to critics saying that she doesn’t deserve her success.
— darronable._ (@darronable) March 24, 2019
The confession prompted the spread of #SurvivingCardiB, referencing the hashtag that went viral after the now-infamous Surviving R. Kelly docuseries accused Kelly of decades of sexual abuse against minors. Some users also referenced Bill Cosby, who’s in prison for drugging and molesting a woman.
“Bill Cosby did the same shit and got sent to jail. Cardi B gets SUPPORT FOR IT ???? #SurvivingCardiB,” Twitter user @EMMXMINAJ wrote.
Cardi B ……… cancelled #SurvivingCardiB
— 2019 Predictions (@2019_predicts) March 24, 2019
Some suggested that men face a double standard when it comes to being held accountable.
“I can’t believe Cardi B openly admits she drugged, raped and stole money from men but there’s no news sources reporting this? If a man did this or even ONE of these everyone would be going crazy. The double standards are insane. Do men justice and lock her up! #SurvivingCardiB,” Twitter user @nicolenovello_ wrote.
It's about how the #MeToo movement are quick to [rightfully] condemn men allegedly or confirmed of predatory behaviour but get silent when a woman is accused or confirmed to be the predator. That same energy you have toward Bill Cosby, 6ix9ine and R. Kelly, keep it with Cardi B.
— Prussia (@prussia_actual) March 25, 2019
“So Cardi B admits that she used to have sex and then drug men to steal their money but females are being silent? Toxic femininity,” Twitter user @chasethemoney22 wrote.
so Cardi B admits that she used to have sex and then drug men to steal their money but females are being silent? Toxic femininity.
— chase (@chasethemoney22) March 25, 2019
“Cardi B admitted to drugging, raping and robbing men but people are defending her either because she’s a woman, they’re using childhood trauma as an excuse, they’re a stan or they think it’s an attempt to ‘defame’ her. Bitch please, she told herself. ARREST HER. #SurvivingCardiB,” Twitter user @_NotOliver wrote.
Cardi B admitted to drugging, raping and robbing men but people are defending her either because she's a woman, they're using childhood trauma as an excuse, they're a stan or they think it's an attempt to "defame" her. Bitch please, she told herself. ARREST HER. #SurvivingCardiB
— Oliver (@_NotOliver) March 25, 2019
Others came to Cardi B’s defense.
“R Kelly is gross and in no way shape or form should a serial abuser and pedophile (him) be compared to Cardi B or someone like her,” wrote Twitter user @BelleMoon_XoXo.
Beloved, I never said her actions weren’t criminally punishable. R Kelly is gross and in no way shape or form should a serial abuser and pedophile (him) be compared to Cardi B or someone like her. Last, Sandra Bland??? Lol these conclusions y’all be reaching for on here. Yikes
— BelleWoods (@BelleMoon_XoXo) March 25, 2019
“Sooo… Lemme get this straight. Y’all outraged bcuz Cardi B played a bunch of tricks. Haaa! Let that marinate,” Twitter user @Bttaflymakeup wrote.
Sooo… Lemme get this straight. Y'all outraged bcuz Cardi B played a bunch of tricks. Haaa! Let that marinate.
— Butta'fly (TAHarris) (@buttaflymakeup) March 25, 2019
— Zaya T.A (@zayathaartist) March 25, 2019
Cardi B responded by subtweeting the situation and then announcing she would be taking a break from Twitter.
When they try to cancel me on Twitter and instagram 🤪🤪🤪😊😊😊😊😊😊 pic.twitter.com/a19gI006Xk
— iamcardib (@iamcardib) March 24, 2019
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.