- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren 5 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film 5 Years Ago
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors 5 Years Ago
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner 5 Years Ago
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Today 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Today 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Today 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Today 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Today 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Today 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Today 11:29 AM
- William Barr questions whether tech companies should be protected for user content Today 11:10 AM
- The Bloomberg campaign has reached its post-parody zenith Today 10:35 AM
- Ben Affleck explains why he lied about his back tattoo Today 10:28 AM
- Kim Kardashian West accidentally praises Jeff Bezos for threatening to fire employees Today 10:19 AM
Brian Williams slow-jams the immigration news with Jimmy Fallon
“My Pres. Obama don’t want none unless you pass bills, hun!”
What better way is there to celebrate a major milestone as America’s foremost network nightly news anchor than by appearing on The Tonight Show?
NBC Nightly News host Brian Williams, who recently marked a decade as the program’s anchor, recognized that Jimmy Fallon’s show was the best place to celebrate. On Tuesday night, he joined Fallon for a segment about immigration, which has been a contentious topic in recent weeks due to President Barack Obama’s executive action.
Instead of just making jokes about immigration, however, Fallon brought on Williams, the slow-jam expert, to break down the situation. Williams’ numerous prior attempts at rapping may have been heavily edited, but in this segment, he was finally about to prove that he could handle himself behind the mic.
Williams definitely still has his wits about him as he tries taking Fallon down a peg or two. Sorry Jimmy, but as Williams says, no one counts Late Night.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.