- How to watch ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ 5 Years Ago
- What’s new in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? 5 Years Ago
- ‘Carole and Tuesday’ is a feast for the eyes, ears, and heart 5 Years Ago
- Tara Booth’s Instagram art embraces the comedy in mental health struggles Today 6:00 AM
- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
Brian Williams slow-jams the immigration news with Jimmy Fallon
“My Pres. Obama don’t want none unless you pass bills, hun!”
What better way is there to celebrate a major milestone as America’s foremost network nightly news anchor than by appearing on The Tonight Show?
NBC Nightly News host Brian Williams, who recently marked a decade as the program’s anchor, recognized that Jimmy Fallon’s show was the best place to celebrate. On Tuesday night, he joined Fallon for a segment about immigration, which has been a contentious topic in recent weeks due to President Barack Obama’s executive action.
Instead of just making jokes about immigration, however, Fallon brought on Williams, the slow-jam expert, to break down the situation. Williams’ numerous prior attempts at rapping may have been heavily edited, but in this segment, he was finally about to prove that he could handle himself behind the mic.
Williams definitely still has his wits about him as he tries taking Fallon down a peg or two. Sorry Jimmy, but as Williams says, no one counts Late Night.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.