- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Saturday 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Saturday 6:30 AM
The confrontation was mostly verbal, but then Bhad Bhabie tried to throw a punch.
The feud between YouTube stars Bhad Bhabie and WoahhVicky spilled out into the streets of California. And Bhad Bhabie, aka Danielle Bregoli, appeared to throw a punch before she was dragged away.
Here’s another view of the mostly verbal confrontation.
The beef between Bhad Bhabie and WoahhVicky, who has 126,000 subscribers on YouTube (and 1.4 million followers on Instagram) and who has faced controversy for claiming to be Black when she’s really white, has been brewing since at least 2017. It’s unclear if the feud is real or for entertainment purposes, but plenty of people have been fascinated by it.
WoahhVicky, whose real name is Victoria Waldrip, made a horribly racist diss track, titled “Ching Chong,” at YouTube star Ricegum last year, and Bhad Bhabie responded with this video, telling Vicky that “you can’t even talk right. You need speech class.”
— woahh vicky (@imwoahvickyy) August 17, 2017
Later, the two had a vulgar FaceTime conversation in which Vicky said she was going to beat up Bhad Bhabie.
All of that apparently led to their recent confrontation.
Lil Tay, who’s apparently 9 years old and who has more than 46,000 YouTube subscribers and 280,000 Instagram followers also was involved in the verbal brouhaha. Afterward, she said Bhad Bhabie was a “broke-ass bitch” and said that “you can’t fight for shit.” The child also said Bhad Bhabie should “go back to beating up your mom on Dr. Phil.”
No physical damage appeared to be done by either social media star, and it’s unlikely this feud is going to end anytime soon. Even if it’s fake, there are too many potential page iews and clicks to back away now. But here’s an idea: Perhaps there’s room on the Logan Paul vs. KSI boxing undercard to squash this beef for good.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.