- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
The confrontation was mostly verbal, but then Bhad Bhabie tried to throw a punch.
The feud between YouTube stars Bhad Bhabie and WoahhVicky spilled out into the streets of California. And Bhad Bhabie, aka Danielle Bregoli, appeared to throw a punch before she was dragged away.
Here’s another view of the mostly verbal confrontation.
The beef between Bhad Bhabie and WoahhVicky, who has 126,000 subscribers on YouTube (and 1.4 million followers on Instagram) and who has faced controversy for claiming to be Black when she’s really white, has been brewing since at least 2017. It’s unclear if the feud is real or for entertainment purposes, but plenty of people have been fascinated by it.
WoahhVicky, whose real name is Victoria Waldrip, made a horribly racist diss track, titled “Ching Chong,” at YouTube star Ricegum last year, and Bhad Bhabie responded with this video, telling Vicky that “you can’t even talk right. You need speech class.”
— woahh vicky (@imwoahvickyy) August 17, 2017
Later, the two had a vulgar FaceTime conversation in which Vicky said she was going to beat up Bhad Bhabie.
All of that apparently led to their recent confrontation.
Lil Tay, who’s apparently 9 years old and who has more than 46,000 YouTube subscribers and 280,000 Instagram followers also was involved in the verbal brouhaha. Afterward, she said Bhad Bhabie was a “broke-ass bitch” and said that “you can’t fight for shit.” The child also said Bhad Bhabie should “go back to beating up your mom on Dr. Phil.”
No physical damage appeared to be done by either social media star, and it’s unlikely this feud is going to end anytime soon. Even if it’s fake, there are too many potential page iews and clicks to back away now. But here’s an idea: Perhaps there’s room on the Logan Paul vs. KSI boxing undercard to squash this beef for good.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.