- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
The best actress nominees at the Oscars hugging it out is just lovely
After winning her Oscar for best actress on Sunday night, Frances McDermond gave one of the best speeches of the night, asking all the women who had been nominated to stand up and take a special bow. But the best actress nominees who didn’t win had their own special moment after the show.
In a lovely scene, the foursome shared a big group hug.
the best actress losers embracing is the energy I'm taking away from tonight pic.twitter.com/r5oLqn6IGU
— hattie (@hattiesoykan) March 5, 2018
— Tara Mulholland (@tara_mulholland) March 5, 2018
— Kevin Schwaller (@kevschwa) March 5, 2018
— TINA♥♥♥ (@babygurlyeye) March 5, 2018
Great pics! Best group hug ever. Sally Hawkins losing her shit when Meryl joins in. https://t.co/k0kg9iTUH6
— Pauline McVey (@McVey10) March 5, 2018
For an Oscars telecast that featured so much discussion about the Time’s Up movement and female empowerment, the camaraderie shown by the four who didn’t win the best actress award was one of the most powerful (and fun) moments of the entire evening.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.