- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts 9 Months Ago
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 9 Months Ago
- Little Miss Flint takes on Tomi Lahren’s border wall tweet 9 Months Ago
- Michael Cohen contradicts Trump tweets, says president knew payments were wrong Today 8:39 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate girls blush when they eat curry, and fans are being horny on main Today 7:58 AM
- The 2nd gen Amazon Echo Show is a digital assistant game-changer Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ESPNU online for free Today 7:00 AM
- ‘The Fix’ is another talk show Hail Mary from Netflix Today 6:45 AM
- 2018 was the year the ‘alt-right’ failed Today 6:20 AM
- The best Italian movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2018 college bowl games Today 6:00 AM
- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
Becca from ‘The Bachelor’ is getting flooded with Venmo payments
Fans of The Bachelor are still reeling after watching bachelor Arie Luyendyk Jr. break up with fiancée Becca Kufrin on the first part of the show’s finale Monday night. Not only did Arie dump Becca for runner-up Lauren Burnham (who GQ says has the “charisma of a houseplant), but Arie also decided to let producers film the ambush.
According to BuzzFeed News, fans are taking to the internet to soothe Becca’s sorrows—with alcohol. Becca’s Venmo was poppin’ Monday night and Tuesday as payments from strangers came pouring in to send the contestant some “girl power” with the suggestion she buy herself a nice drink.
Basically he picked her, proposed to her, led her along for a month and then agreed to blindside dump her on camera. We watched it uncut, in real time last night and it was awful. She deserves wine.
— Nina Slaney (@ninamarie_4) March 6, 2018
You don’t have to be friends with someone on Venmo to send them a payment, so fans took advantage of this and sent money to @BeccaKufrin with hilarious suggestions to buy some tequila and some “matches for that damn scrapbook.” Becca had gifted Arie a scrapbook of photographs with a section left blank for their future baby, but those dreams came crashing down when he decided to end the relationship in an unedited “half-hour spectacle of human misery.”
— McKenna Keil (@mckenna_keil) March 6, 2018
“I never thought for a million years that once the going started to get tough that he would throw in the towel and jump ship and say, ‘Oh sorry, I changed my mind,'” Becca said of Arie, according to People. “I didn’t think we were at that point whatsoever.”
Fans—especially women who have had similar experiences of having their hearts broken—are loving Bachelor Nation’s support for Becca.
omg let's do it what's her venmo name
— Iris Su (@irissuis) March 6, 2018
“Sucks to be blindsided and walked out on, sucks worse with cameras shoved in your face,” said Venmo user Nicole Willingham, who sent some dough to Kufrin. “Keep your chin up, have a drink on me and toast to your future, which will be much better without that turd bucket.”
Arie can expect to be roasted again tonight after he discusses the outcome of the show with both Becca and Lauren present. And as Becca moves on, she can sit back and enjoy a large glass of fancy wine, courtesy of Venmo.
H/T BuzzFeed News
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.