- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’
Ariana Grande is here to distract us from beef.
Grande teased the new single on Thursday night, while multitasking. She also referenced the Drake-Kanye West Twitter drama that started yesterday, tweeting, “guys, i know there are grown men arguing online rn but miley and i dropping our beautiful, new songs tonight so if y’all could please jus behave for just like a few hours so the girls can shine that’d be so sick thank u.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on
guys, i know there are grown men arguing online rn but miley and i dropping our beautiful, new songs tonight so if y'all could please jus behave for just like a few hours so the girls can shine that'd be so sick thank u
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 14, 2018
It’s a hypnotic slow jam, and some are already speculating that it’s about the late Mac Miller, but the whistle notes at the end have people screaming, crying, unable to breathe.
this is not a drill, ariana does whistle notes at the end of imagine skdkskaksksk pic.twitter.com/b5mUnHflzq
— wafi 🥀 (@itswafihabib) December 14, 2018
— Kat | Ari could u follow? (@vicariousariana) December 14, 2018
Of course, there are entire compilations of Grande’s high notes on YouTube, but this one has been anticipated.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.