- Workers claim Google made spy tool to prevent them from organizing Wednesday 8:13 PM
- Hailey Bieber denies shading Selena Gomez with ‘I’ll Kill You’ Instagram post Wednesday 7:46 PM
- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
Hide yo’ kids: Antoine Dodson wants a reality TV show
The “Bed Intruder” star is trying to raise $38,000 on Kickstarter for a new show.
Featured prominently in this month’s edition of Viral Video Sensation Tries to Continue Cashing In is Antoine Dodson, the once-gay Hebrew Israelite and the man known best for the way he reacted to a rapist.
The Alabama native’s attempting to revive his career via a reality show, The Antoine Dodson Experience, and he needs YOUR money to do it.
Recently Dodson turned his attention to Kickstarter, where he launched a campaign to raise $38,000 in operating costs. The campaign claims he “wants to use the platform of his show to help other victims” of rape by “letting a team of filmmakers follow him on his journey where we will witness him watch the birth of his baby, repair his relationship with his baby-mama, move on from his latest ex-girlfriend (who also happens to be his brothers’ ex-girlfriend), explore his sexuality, attempt to reconcile with his estranged family,” and do a whole lot more that frankly doesn’t sound very realistic.
“My life is a roller-coater and I know my fans would like more of an inside peek,” he wrote. “But I don’t want to do it in a way that is fake or manufactured reality. I want you to see the truth in all its glory and heartache.”
And give him $38,000.
Rewards include Antoine Dodson bandanas ($50), personal video messages ($250), and a private Skype call ($1,000). So far, Dodson’s raised $776 from 20 backers ($776 wins you a private phone call).
We wish everybody in this campaign the best of luck, especially Dodson, who needs it so badly.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.