- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
Amber Rose accuses GQ of dumbing her down
Rose didn’t take too kindly to the article’s foreword.
BY MEGAN VICK
Amber Rose does not approve of the introduction to her interview with GQ in which they label her as “Kanye West’s infamous ex, Wiz Khalifa’s baby mama.”
The magazine reads: “Amber Rose wrote the book on it. No, seriously: Kanye’s infamous ex, Wiz Khalifa’s baby mama, America’s toughest bald babe since Sigourney Weaver in ‘Alien 3,’ is about to publish a book of life lessons called ‘How to Be a Bad B****.’ Like Amber herself, it’s all heart. Unlike Amber, it’s not thick! The teen stripper turned megalomaniac muse spoke to Carrie Battan about her beautiful dark twisted journey to the top.”
Rose didn’t take too kindly to the article’s foreword. Even when it doesn’t identify her by the men she’s been romantically linked to, it alludes to their work (“Beautiful dark twisted” is a nod to West’s 2010 album “My Dark Beautiful Twisted Fantasy”). Rose took to Instagram to take the magazine to task for the sexist qualifiers.
“Really @gq??? I’m so much more then Kanye’s Ex or Wiz’s baby’s mama. Damn, why the f*** did u guys reach out to me for this article and photoshoot? To dumb me down? I talked about feminism and my Slutwalk…,” she writes. “Wtf nice title smh I expected so much more from u guys and I’m so disappointed. I was so excited to be featured in GQ not realizing I was shooting for a tabloid. My slutwalk was for ignorant s*** like this. Oh ‘Her beautiful dark twisted journey to the top’? Nice pun. Negative af. Thx for nothing.”
Rose has been making it her mission to remove the stigma from women who enjoy healthy sex lives. She organized a “slut walk” in Los Angeles to unite women and take a stand against labels like slut, whore and the like and to call out the media for the way they’ve treated her in the wake of her separation from rapper Wiz Khalifa.
The demonstration was followed by a Funny or Die sketch that points out the outdatedness of the “walk or shame.”
She and friend Blac Chyna also attended the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards in matching outfits that again called attention to the negative labels they’ve had thrown at them because they’ve been romantically linked to hip hop artists.
Screengrab via Larry King/YouTube