- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 2 Years Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Today 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
Trebek made the announcement himself in a video posted to Jeopardy!’s YouTube channel, where he told viewers that he had “a slight medical problem” during the holiday break. He was hospitalized Dec. 15 and diagnosed with a subdural hematoma (blood clots on the brain), which was caused from a fall back in October. Fortunately, the surgery went off without a hitch and Trebek has spent the past few weeks recovering from it.
“After two days in the hospital I came home to start recovery,” Trebek said. “The prognosis is excellent and I expect to be back in the studio taping more Jeopardy! programs very, very soon.”
Jeopardy! iterated that Trebek is in the midst of recovering from surgery and will return to the show around mid-January, which will only affect an upcoming tournament due to how far in advance Jeopardy! tapes.
“Alex spent Christmas at home with his family, and he will return to the Jeopardy! studio for taping in mid-January,” the show said in a statement. “Because Jeopardy! tapes months in advance, the only change made to the show’s schedule concerns the upcoming College Championship, which will now air in April. Otherwise, Jeopardy’s broadcast schedule is unaffected.”
H/T Daily Mail
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.