- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender 1 Year Ago
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting 1 Year Ago
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore 1 Year Ago
- With this blade, I protect this meme Today 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Today 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Today 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Today 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Today 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
Trebek made the announcement himself in a video posted to Jeopardy!’s YouTube channel, where he told viewers that he had “a slight medical problem” during the holiday break. He was hospitalized Dec. 15 and diagnosed with a subdural hematoma (blood clots on the brain), which was caused from a fall back in October. Fortunately, the surgery went off without a hitch and Trebek has spent the past few weeks recovering from it.
“After two days in the hospital I came home to start recovery,” Trebek said. “The prognosis is excellent and I expect to be back in the studio taping more Jeopardy! programs very, very soon.”
Jeopardy! iterated that Trebek is in the midst of recovering from surgery and will return to the show around mid-January, which will only affect an upcoming tournament due to how far in advance Jeopardy! tapes.
“Alex spent Christmas at home with his family, and he will return to the Jeopardy! studio for taping in mid-January,” the show said in a statement. “Because Jeopardy! tapes months in advance, the only change made to the show’s schedule concerns the upcoming College Championship, which will now air in April. Otherwise, Jeopardy’s broadcast schedule is unaffected.”
H/T Daily Mail
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.