- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST is all about the amazing and often strange communities made possible by internet magic.
Allison Goldberg and Jennifer Jamula are two actors who have been performing bizarre internet text (Craigslist posts, Reddit threads, Tumblr memes) live on stage, word for word, with hilarious results.
Now they’re going deeper to learn about where fringe online culture comes from, and one theme is clear. People thought they were weird for obsessing about something—Sonic the Hedgehog fan fiction, online sweepstakes, Game of Thrones languages, My Little Pony, Esperanto, or sex robots–only to learn there are thousands just like them on forums, subreddits, Twitter, and Twitch.
Join Alli and Jen for hilarious and humanizing conversations about the power of online community, viral phenomena, and the caution required as we bounce between IRL and digital worlds in the modern age.
Listen free, wherever you get podcasts
Be sure to subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast in your favorite app so you never miss an episode:
Check out these popular episodes
Why is there so much Sonic the hedgehog porn?
This guy wins tons of free stuff by entering 150 sweepstakes a day
Why do podcast listeners love murder so much?
Searching for the hidden treasure of Forrest Fenn
God’s genius social media strategy is finally revealed to humans
This couple quit the internet for a month and lived to vlog about it
How Tay Zonday survived being ‘patient zero’ of viral YouTube
The inventor of online dating: Gary Kremen
Chuck Tingle, the mysterious king of erotic fiction
How to create languages for Game of Thrones
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.