- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
After a hacker apparently broke into the social media accounts of YouTube star James Charles, the beauty vlogger fought back in the best way he knew how. He posted his own nude photo.
Now, Charles (or, more accurately, Charles’ backside) has been turned into a meme—and he seems totally fine with it.
The last time Charles made this much news, he was feuding with his mentor Tati Westbrook and losing more than 2.5 million subscribers in the process. But recently his Twitter account was hijacked with messages like, “My cock is throbbing Lmao,” “I like to fuck cats w Shane Dawson,” and “Going to Japan with Logan Paul and find some dead [N-word].”
James Charles nude photo memes
On Saturday, after the 20-year-old recovered his Twitter account from the apparent hacking, Charles posted a naked photo of himself from the back to his more than 4 million followers.
hi I got my account back 🙃 just case I ever get hacked again, here’s the ONLY nude I’ve ever taken! can’t threaten me with it now 🤠🖕🏼 get a life pic.twitter.com/8xT5lKFFDV— James Charles (@jamescharles) August 24, 2019
He wrote, “hi I got my account back just case I ever get hacked again, here’s the ONLY nude I’ve ever taken! Can’t threaten me with it now get a life.”
That tweet, as of this writing, has racked up more than 22,000 retweets and more than 223,000 likes. And people were happy to jump on his backside bandwagon, including Adam 22 of the No Jumper podcast and Ethan Klein.
hi I got my account back 🙃 just case I ever get hacked again, here’s the ONLY nude I’ve ever taken! can’t threaten me with it now 🤠🖕🏼 get a life pic.twitter.com/l98HslFUo0— adam22 (@adam22) August 25, 2019
hi I got my account back 🙃 just case I ever get hacked again, here’s the ONLY nude I’ve ever taken! can’t threaten me with it now 🤠🖕🏼 get a life pic.twitter.com/12Oqzt0K9d— Ethan Klein (@h3h3productions) August 24, 2019
Not everybody was pleased to see Charles naked, though. One Twitter user mentioned how many child fans he has and said, “You’re sick as fuck.” Another derisively wrote, “Literally, no one asked for this.” Charles responded in kind by writing, “yeah well i didn’t ask to have my security and privacy threatened either [@]slutdelrey so this is me taking back ownership of the situation, move on with your day.”
James also respond to fans criticizing his decision. pic.twitter.com/TgWAURZBNX— Stanfail (15k) (@stanningtea) August 24, 2019
No one:— Taduwu (@papas_con_sal_) August 26, 2019
Literally no one:
James Charles: pic.twitter.com/3InFduFfyp
no one:— 𝚓𝚎𝚣 (@JezebelBro) August 25, 2019
not a single soul:
not even horny twitter:
James Charles: pic.twitter.com/lGSNonHqwr
Still, others used Charles’ naked body to serve as their own artist’s canvas or to send what they thought were important messages.
james charles is thicc etc anyway hatrið mun sigra song of the year 2019 pic.twitter.com/Ve7P6PAu1l— ᴇʟᴏɪsᴇ ♡ ʜᴀᴛᴀʀɪ (@HATARlS) August 25, 2019
fixed it pic.twitter.com/SoONvwnz2f— ken (@gcfknj) August 25, 2019
here Twitter, you’re welcome pic.twitter.com/q4ftEYl9uz— spooky mia⚰️🎃 (@mialiciax) August 25, 2019
Either way, Charles made quite a stir on Twitter during the weekend—and he was feeling bubbly about it. Wrote Charles, “I love accidentally creating a meme, sorry twitter.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.