- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Oklahoma tornado survivor finds her lost dog during TV interview
Heartbreaking news has been overwhelming since tornadoes left a massive path of destruction in Oklahoma Monday, but this is a ray of hope.
During an interview with CBS News reporter Anna Werner, an elderly woman explains how she was sitting on a stool with her dog in the bathroom when the tornado hit. When it passed she was lying in the rubble.
“I hollered for my little dog and he didn’t answer, didn’t come, so I know he’s in here somewhere,” the woman told Werner.
Werner goes on to talk to the woman about what the tornado was like when all of a sudden someone spots a dog in the rubble. The reaction of the woman is emotional as they free the dog and its a heartwarming sight seeing the pair reunited. Watch the reunion in the video below and get your tissues ready:
The video has caused an emotional response online, as people cling to some hope among all the bad news from Oklahoma. YouTube commenters called the video “Fantastic,” “Amazing,” and a “Miracle!”
Twitter also filled with reactions to the touching video:
— Mara Davis (@MaraDavis) May 21, 2013
— Karen A. Brown (@StardustBluCEO) May 21, 2013
When that old woman was reunited with her dog from the rubble on CBS news <333
— Amy Miller HB (@XxAmyMillerxX) May 21, 2013
— delia paunescu (@delia_p) May 21, 2013
Reaction on Facebook was just as strong. Jenny Huff, news director at Fox affiliate WFXL, posted “The video of the woman who finds her missing dog LIVE—is so sad. I’m bawling over here!” All Pets Veterinary Clinic shared the story with their followers, writing “In all of the awful devastation in Oklahoma right now, here’s a segment to find a little hope and joy to hold on to.”
The video has received over 100,000 Facebook recommendations and been tweeted over 8,000 times from the CBS website alone.
H/T HyperVocal | Screenshot via YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.