- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
When earlier this year, a fan reached out on Twitter asking “what it would take” to officiate her wedding, Harbour reasonably came back with the stipulations of 125,000 retweets (providing the date worked with the shooting schedule of Stranger Things season 3) and that he would get to read a love letter of his choosing and eat the first piece of cake.
A man of his word, Harbour traveled to Springfield, Illinois, last month in full Chief Hopper costume to ordain the wedding.
Hey internet. I know it’s been awhile. I retreated. Needed some space. You probably get it. But I’ve been thinking about ya in the interim. And all your retweets. And so me and some fun folks in Springfield, Illinois made good on our promise we made all those months ago. pic.twitter.com/fZK8zNMQSi— David Harbour (@DavidKHarbour) September 16, 2018
When the stipulation to the first challenge was met in less than 24 hours, Harbour—who stars in the upcoming 2019 Hellboy reboot—said that he planned to make it “seriously hard” next time.
Well, that time has now come. A couple weeks ago, film journalist Spencer Perry reached out to Harbour on Twitter after having met him on the set of Hellboy and asked if he would officiate his upcoming wedding in March as the titular character.
Never one to shy away from a challenge, Harbour finally responded on Saturday.
“666k. Of this tweet. Big Red officiates. Full Gear. In his saintly best,” he wrote. “Impossible number? Think of how difficult it will be for me to get this character ordained by a Christian church.”
He also added that he would knock off 500,000 if Perry could get Hellboy creator Mike Mignola to agree to read a poem at the service.
666k— David Harbour (@DavidKHarbour) October 6, 2018
Of this tweet.
Big Red officiates. Full Gear. In his saintly best.
Think of how difficult it will be for me to get this character ordained by a Christian church😈🙄
(P.S. - I’ll knock off 500k if you can get @artofmmignola to read a poem at the service) https://t.co/cnzHrcnsOo
At the time of this writing, Harbour’s tweet has been retweeted nearly 14,000 times. However, Mignola has made it clear that he’s on board:
That’s the plan https://t.co/OFVjhozxnw— Mike Mignola (@artofmmignola) October 7, 2018
In other words, it looks like there’s a decent chance Harbour is going to have to clear his calendar in March 2019. Best of luck to the happy couple.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.