- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 1 Year Ago
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
Donald Trump Jr. took to Instagram on Thursday with a meme to remind everyone that even though he’s at the center of an investigation into collusion with Russia, his dad is still the president.
“In case you needed an eye checkup #maga #hesyourpresident,” says the caption of the post, which shows a vision diagnostic chart reading, “He’s still your president lololol.” Since going up, the post has received over 44,000 likes.
A post shared by Donald Trump Jr. (@donaldjtrumpjr) on
The post flips the leftist “Nothing but respect for MY president” meme wherein someone claims anything or anyone besides President Donald Trump is their president. After one Twitter user went viral with a photo of herself cleaning Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame using the phrase, others used it for their own sarcasm. The social media movement #NotMyPresident serves as a hub for activism and mobility against Trump and his administration.
It’s certainly not the first time Trump Jr. has drawn attention to himself on Instagram. On Thursday, he published a photo that compared Trump and former President Barack Obama “by the numbers.” The photo included approval ratings, unemployment rates, and the number of jobs added for each administration. Trump’s approval rating sits at 50 percent while Obama’s is only 45 percent. Users on Twitter were quick to call out the photo, alleging that it was altered in Trump’s favor.
A photoshopped image Donald Trump Jr. pushed on Instagram of his father's approval rating being 50% in a CNN graphic (it actually showed 40%) is also being shared on Facebook and Twitter. pic.twitter.com/ZKiP93kjdW— Alex Kaplan (@AlKapDC) August 9, 2018
Ok - like I know DJT Jr is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But this one even has me baffled. He posted a poorly photoshopped approval rating onto his Instagram. How can this family ever ever scream fake news when they post crap like this? #fakenews #DonaldTrumpJr #trump pic.twitter.com/PjfnwwY0JY— Shnyda (@ShnydaOne) August 9, 2018
The posts come amid special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, which is looking into allegations of collusion and Russian interference during the 2016 election. Trump Jr. could be accused of conspiracy for organizing a meeting at Trump Tower in June 2016 between Trump’s campaign advisers and Russians.
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.