- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
Hundreds of protesters on Friday shut down multiple entry points to President-elect Donald Trump‘s inauguration.
Masses of protesters in support of causes that included climate change, Black Lives Matter, NoDAPL, women’s rights, immigrant rights, LGBT rights, and anti-fascism descended upon the nation’s capital and formed blockades in front of security checkpoints.
The effort to disrupt Trump’s inauguration was largely organized by a group known as Disrupt J20, which has organized multiple protests throughout this week and a rally and march on Inauguration Day.
The group began with a march that started at 9am ET.
Protesters successfully shut down 6six of the 12 inauguration access points as of 10am ET on Friday morning.
Police reportedly began dragging protesters who were forming a blockade at a checkpoint at 14th and Pennsylvania Avenue N.W. and detaining them.
Police sawed off a PVC pipe that linked protesters arms together. Newsweek journalist Emily Cadei reported that police put a bag over one protester’s head.
The Climate Justice blockade fully blocked the checkpoint at 5th and G Streets, N.W.
Trump’s swearing-in ceremony will take place at approximately 12pm ET.
Amrita Khalid is a technology and politics reporter who specializes in breaking down complex issues into practical, useful terms. A former contributor to CQ, a Congressional news and analysis site, she's currently a master's candidate in international relations at the University of Leeds.