- ‘Subtle Asian Dating’ is the un-Tinder we all need right now Today 5:00 AM
- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
After lawyer issues denial of affair, Stormy Daniels says not so fast
The Stormy Daniels story gets murkier.
On Tuesday Stormy Daniels’ lawyer put out a statement saying the adult film actress never had an affair with President Donald Trump, but in an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Daniels cast doubt on her lawyer’s denial.
“I don’t know, did I?” Daniels said when asked if she signed a statement released by her lawyer. Kimmel had spent the last minute showing the previous items she had signed, which he thought didn’t match her name on the statement.
“That doesn’t look like my signature,” she said, saying she did not know where the letter came from.
Just hours earlier, her lawyer had released a signed letter from Daniels saying an affair never took place.
Stormy Daniels (going on Kimmel tonight after Trump's State of the Union) issues a new statement saying she is denying having an affair with Trump not because of a settlement but because “it never happened.”
She would also like you to follow her on Instagram.
— Tom Namako (@TomNamako) January 30, 2018
However, after her somewhat denial on Kimmel, her lawyer insisted that Daniels had signed that statement.
NEW: Lawyer for Stormy Daniels tells me she signed the statement today, in front of him and her PR rep. “Stormy did indeed sign both denials. … I thought stormy did a fantastic job on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. She was having fun on Kimmel and being her normal playful self.”
— Anthony Cormier (@a_cormier_) January 31, 2018
Kimmel attempted to press Daniels on a number of stories dancing around her in the past week. In the segment, Daniels denied doing the InTouch interview “as it was written.” When Kimmel read segments from the interview, Daniels didn’t confirm or deny anything in it.
You can watch Daniels full segment on Kimmel below.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]