- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) 2 Years Ago
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps Today 10:21 AM
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
On Tuesday Stormy Daniels’ lawyer put out a statement saying the adult film actress never had an affair with President Donald Trump, but in an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Daniels cast doubt on her lawyer’s denial.
“I don’t know, did I?” Daniels said when asked if she signed a statement released by her lawyer. Kimmel had spent the last minute showing the previous items she had signed, which he thought didn’t match her name on the statement.
“That doesn’t look like my signature,” she said, saying she did not know where the letter came from.
Just hours earlier, her lawyer had released a signed letter from Daniels saying an affair never took place.
Stormy Daniels (going on Kimmel tonight after Trump's State of the Union) issues a new statement saying she is denying having an affair with Trump not because of a settlement but because “it never happened.”— Tom Namako (@TomNamako) January 30, 2018
She would also like you to follow her on Instagram.
From @a_cormier_ pic.twitter.com/J11O3WGGz3
However, after her somewhat denial on Kimmel, her lawyer insisted that Daniels had signed that statement.
NEW: Lawyer for Stormy Daniels tells me she signed the statement today, in front of him and her PR rep. “Stormy did indeed sign both denials. ... I thought stormy did a fantastic job on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. She was having fun on Kimmel and being her normal playful self.”— Anthony Cormier (@a_cormier_) January 31, 2018
Kimmel attempted to press Daniels on a number of stories dancing around her in the past week. In the segment, Daniels denied doing the InTouch interview “as it was written.” When Kimmel read segments from the interview, Daniels didn’t confirm or deny anything in it.
You can watch Daniels full segment on Kimmel below.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]