- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
On Tuesday Stormy Daniels’ lawyer put out a statement saying the adult film actress never had an affair with President Donald Trump, but in an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Daniels cast doubt on her lawyer’s denial.
“I don’t know, did I?” Daniels said when asked if she signed a statement released by her lawyer. Kimmel had spent the last minute showing the previous items she had signed, which he thought didn’t match her name on the statement.
“That doesn’t look like my signature,” she said, saying she did not know where the letter came from.
Just hours earlier, her lawyer had released a signed letter from Daniels saying an affair never took place.
Stormy Daniels (going on Kimmel tonight after Trump's State of the Union) issues a new statement saying she is denying having an affair with Trump not because of a settlement but because “it never happened.”— Tom Namako (@TomNamako) January 30, 2018
She would also like you to follow her on Instagram.
From @a_cormier_ pic.twitter.com/J11O3WGGz3
However, after her somewhat denial on Kimmel, her lawyer insisted that Daniels had signed that statement.
NEW: Lawyer for Stormy Daniels tells me she signed the statement today, in front of him and her PR rep. “Stormy did indeed sign both denials. ... I thought stormy did a fantastic job on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. She was having fun on Kimmel and being her normal playful self.”— Anthony Cormier (@a_cormier_) January 31, 2018
Kimmel attempted to press Daniels on a number of stories dancing around her in the past week. In the segment, Daniels denied doing the InTouch interview “as it was written.” When Kimmel read segments from the interview, Daniels didn’t confirm or deny anything in it.
You can watch Daniels full segment on Kimmel below.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]