- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Geraldo Rivera calls Facebook commenters ‘pieces of s**t’
Geraldo’s had it up to here with Facebook racists.
Fox News host and political commentator Geraldo Rivera went off on the racist elements of his audience in a post on his Facebook page.
Rivera, who hosts the Fox News Channel show Geraldo at Large, on Friday wrote something critical about anti-immigration activists, and in the comments section of that post, the vitriolic, racist, nativist, ignorant, and xenophobic elements of the Internet went to work.
Although Rivera has landed in hot water for insensitive comments of his own, he has long advocated for fair-minded, compassionate, and rational discourse on the subject of immigration and undocumented immigrants. He wrote a book about white Americans’ fears of Hispanics in 2009 and has generally been one of Fox’s more level-headed commentators whenever the network’s mostly-conservative panels debate immigration.
In his response to the comments on his original post, Rivera called these comments “hateful, ignorant and racist,” and he pointed out that some of them went after not just him but also his family.
“I’m turning your posts over to Fox News and Facebook authorities,” Geraldo said to the faceless racist hordes, “because you little pieces of shit hiding in the shadows of your mother’s basement deserve no less.”
It seems Rivera’s audience never learns, however. In the comments of this newest post, Roy Forgy wrote, “You are the only Racist here,” demonstrating the intellectual capacity of the average Internet racist by capitalizing a non-proper noun.
Facebook authorities did not respond to a request for comment.
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.