- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
President Donald Trump called himself the “the chosen one” while looking up at the sky on Wednesday when talking about the trade war with China.
“Somebody said it’s ‘Trump’s trade war.’ This isn’t my trade war,” the president said while talking with reporters. “This is a trade war that should have taken place a long time ago by a lot of other presidents. Over the past five or six years, China has made $500 billion dollars. $500 billion. Ripped it out of the United States. And not only that, if you take a look, intellectual property theft, add that to it, and add a lot of other things to it.”
The president added:
“So somebody had to do it. I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it. So I’m taking on China.”
Trump’s remarks came just hours after he quoted a supporter in a tweet where they said people in Israel believe he is the second coming of God.
Trump was clearly referring to being the president that decided to start a trade war with China. But the fact that he quoted someone in a tweet saying some believed he was the second coming of God and called himself the “chosen one” in one day was too much for many.
“King of Israel” and “I am the chosen one” on the same day, huh https://t.co/MfKJKBPVxS— Allahpundit (@allahpundit) August 21, 2019
A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT I AM THE CHOSEN ONE. pic.twitter.com/RER6kpnzpE— Caroline Goldsmith (@GoldCaro) August 21, 2019
Trump to himself in a mirror: pic.twitter.com/ONOSccLGas— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) August 21, 2019
While talking to press, 45 just said, "I am the chosen one." pic.twitter.com/BvLIFvLWaI— Josephine Kalipeni (@malawian81) August 21, 2019
Trump: "I am the chosen one." pic.twitter.com/Do7iSB05fS— Nicolas Tomboulides (@Tomboulides) August 21, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).