- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 6 Months Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
President Donald Trump called himself the “the chosen one” while looking up at the sky on Wednesday when talking about the trade war with China.
“Somebody said it’s ‘Trump’s trade war.’ This isn’t my trade war,” the president said while talking with reporters. “This is a trade war that should have taken place a long time ago by a lot of other presidents. Over the past five or six years, China has made $500 billion dollars. $500 billion. Ripped it out of the United States. And not only that, if you take a look, intellectual property theft, add that to it, and add a lot of other things to it.”
The president added:
“So somebody had to do it. I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it. So I’m taking on China.”
Trump’s remarks came just hours after he quoted a supporter in a tweet where they said people in Israel believe he is the second coming of God.
Trump was clearly referring to being the president that decided to start a trade war with China. But the fact that he quoted someone in a tweet saying some believed he was the second coming of God and called himself the “chosen one” in one day was too much for many.
“King of Israel” and “I am the chosen one” on the same day, huh https://t.co/MfKJKBPVxS— Allahpundit (@allahpundit) August 21, 2019
A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT I AM THE CHOSEN ONE. pic.twitter.com/RER6kpnzpE— Caroline Goldsmith (@GoldCaro) August 21, 2019
Trump to himself in a mirror: pic.twitter.com/ONOSccLGas— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) August 21, 2019
While talking to press, 45 just said, "I am the chosen one." pic.twitter.com/BvLIFvLWaI— Josephine Kalipeni (@malawian81) August 21, 2019
Trump: "I am the chosen one." pic.twitter.com/Do7iSB05fS— Nicolas Tomboulides (@Tomboulides) August 21, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).