- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
33-tweet rant wildly alleges Alyssa Milano was trying to harm Kavanaugh
Though she’s active and outspoken in her support of the #MeToo movement, it might have surprised viewers that actress Alyssa Milano was present (and actively on camera) during Thursday’s Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford hearing.
But one Twitter user was not surprised. To Thomas Wictor, Milano’s presence at the hearing made perfect sense—she obviously was conspiring to physically harm the Supreme Court nominee—and so he went on a tweetstorm.
Wictor’s thread has received thousands of retweets and tens of thousands of likes. Many appear to agree with him. According to Breitbart, Wictor is “a Venezuelan-born recluse with a rich and varied past who, besides being the world’s greatest (and only) expert on World War I flamethrowers, also happens to produce some of the most fascinating Twitter threads and social media video commentary you will ever see on subjects ranging from Antifa to Pallywood to what’s really going on in Syria and Iraq.”
Wictor also reportedly had his account suspended recently.
The conspiracy theory apparently began to take shape when another Twitter user, @Fuctupmind, wondered why Milano was allowed to take video footage of the hearing with her phone. Was she scouting the room?
Someone explain to me why Alyssa Milano was allowed to record this footage of the Brett Kavanaugh hearing today?— Mike (@Fuctupmind) September 27, 2018
This footage was directly from her device and she was told by security to shut it off.
Is it a violation to record in a hearing room, even though it's an open one? pic.twitter.com/zkxdtn8d0y
That allowed @ThomasWictor the opportunity to start explaining some stuff. And he went on for 33 tweets, writing about how Milano was using a telephoto lens to measure the layout and the distances of the room and how she was going to try to cause a distraction in the room. He used sexist language and suggested that a botched assassination plan on national television resulting in her death was good for the public.
(2) She was showing someone the layout and the distances.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
The head-on footage is taken with telephoto lenses, so there's "lens compression."
(3) Lens compression can be very deceiving.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
The woman doesn't move.
Telephoto lenses make her APPEAR to move. pic.twitter.com/t4FnNuI0KN
(4) Our pal Alyssa was recording ACTUAL distances.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
(5) I was told that the cops took her cell phone.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
I don't know if that's true.
(6) There were shitloads of armed men and women in that room.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
Whatever Alyssa had planned would not have worked anyway...
(7) ADDENDUM: Here's what was planned.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
Alyssa Milano sent video of the layout and distances to someone else.
At a particular moment, she would stand up with her sign and scream.
This would cause a distraction.
(8) Then SOMEBODY ELSE would do something.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
There was a dry run for this, remember? pic.twitter.com/TO3BzD9rIJ
That last photo in the thread was of Kavanaugh, during an earlier Supreme Court nomination hearing, declining the chance to shake hands with Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jaime was killed during the Parkland shooting. He said it was a “dry run” for an assassination attempt.
Wictor explained why Milano wore her hair in a bun: She’d be ready to fight.
(9) That guy got all the way TO Kavanaugh.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
So THIS time, Milano would stand and scream and wave her sign.
She was ready to fight, which is why her hair was in a bun.
Looks like she's filming here. pic.twitter.com/mfgiThzTaM
(10) She wore a tit-dress and had one or two signs.https://t.co/AMLTNxNbnL— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
(12) The press--as always--is covering up for her.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
She had signs, so that means she was going to cause a commotion.
Now, I study personal protection.
(13) They were all watching her.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
It appears TO ME that they knew what was up, and they neutralized her without causing a commotion.
We have no idea what the plan was.
But there was a plan.
(14) Milano sent multiple tweets and videos.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
These were signals.
I have no doubt whatsoever that she and the Democratic senators would be absolutely fine with someone doing more than harm Kavanaugh.
Then, Wictor explained why the world needed a “leftist assailant” to be assassinated.
(16) Kavanaugh had massive protection.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
I've not said this publicly, but it's time.
We need to see a leftist assailant shot to pieces.
Guts and brains and teeth flying everywhere.
(17) Alyssa Milano is insane and STUPID.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
Whatever she had planned would not have worked.
The Feinstein dry run alerted everybody that there were security breaches that had to be addressed. pic.twitter.com/NpjSpBWQ8T
(18) Milano's appearance and actions made everyone pay attention to her and monitor her Twitter account, which she was too stupid to anticipate.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
She still thinks her tits will get her everything she wants. pic.twitter.com/oNuVh5LXuK
Wictor continued his rant by writing, “Leftists won’t listen to me, but I’ll tell them anyway: Stop f*cking around. The hardest of all hardcore men and women will kill you in a second. Even if you have tits.
“Milano had a plan, but Kavanaugh was covered. BOY WAS HE EVER. And tomorrow he becomes our next Supreme Court justice.
“When you vote in November, remember Alyssa Milano. She is the kind of unhinged militant who makes it necessary to electorally exterminate the Democrats…”
Soon after, Wictor had another revelation: Milano’s signs were given to her during the testimony by a co-conspirator.
(22) ADDENDUM TWO: Okay, now I figured it out. It's exactly like the dry run on Trump.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
She had two signs so that the cop would take ONE and think everything was over.
Here he is taking the FIRST sign.
Kavanugh isn't there. pic.twitter.com/mQK2etbYdN
(23) Now, she's been given a SECOND sign.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
She's about to go for it. pic.twitter.com/vvLHC7REfC
(24) Milano had no signs when she arrived. pic.twitter.com/s17ktqwkIz— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
(25) Democrat staffers passed her signs.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
Ask any counter-terrorism expert:
This is called a "double tap."
(26) The original double tap was two attacks in succession.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
You blow up a market, and then when people run to help, you detonate a second bomb.
(27) The double tap that Alyssa Milano used was to have two signs.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
The first was deliberately allowed to be confiscated, so that the cops would relax.
Then Milano would cause a commotion with her SECOND sign, which the planners thought the cops would have missed.
(28) Therefore we can conclude that this was an elaborate plan that involved United States senators and their staffers.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
When they said "By any means necessary," they weren't kidding.
But the moles betrayed them.
(29) The cops knew what was going to happen, and they stopped it.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
Don't be afraid; Kavanaugh is well protected.
But this just shows you how evil and depraved leftists are...
So, to sum it all up: Milano was tweeting signs and trying to coordinating an attack. But the plot was thwarted.
(31) So here's what happened:— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
She came in and sat down.
She revealed a sign and let the cop confiscate it.
She sent videos and tweets that built in emotional intensity.
She put on her glasses and was given a second sign.
She sat up straight and prepared to stand.
(32) The cop confiscated her sign.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
The video shows that they spoke at length, while plainclothes bodyguards examined her from all angles at a distance.
(33) This is an expression of pure hate...and determination.— Thomas Wictor (@ThomasWictor) September 28, 2018
The face of someone about to do something.
Time to keep the public behind Plexiglass shields, like the animals they are... pic.twitter.com/yH9JDiAjar
In reality, Milano was a guest of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), and yes, she was shamed for the dress she wore. But instead of trying to hurt Kavanaugh, Milano said she was there because it was a moment in history she couldn’t miss.
“It’s an important day for women,” she said, via ABC News. “It’s an important day for politics. I’m happy to be in there standing by her side in her quest for justice.”
But that didn’t stop her from retweeting a message that wished Milano could actually affect the hearings like one of her old TV characters.
I've never wished so hard that Alyssa Milano was a real witch. pic.twitter.com/Oqaw7210eq— Meredith B. Kile (@em_bee_kay) September 27, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.