- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Today 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Today 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Today 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Today 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Today 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Today 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
In another instance of a white man making his mark in a foreign land, a North Dakota tourist in Thailand was caught on video going on a racist, homophobic tirade that included boasting about raping children.
The man, identified by TMZ as Daniel Franckowiak, is seen yelling slurs and threats in a clip shared on YouTube by user Vlog Bbc.
The video starts with the man establishing his identity.“I’m a real motherfucker,” he yells. “I kill people, I rape children. I kill faggots.”
“I’m real,” he continues. “I’ll fucking kill and rape you too.”
“You’re going down,” he says to the person recording the video. “You’re going down you coward chink bitch.”
“I don’t drink. You know why I drink? To fuck you kooks up,” he goes on. “I don’t drink to be happy, I drink to destroy you. You’re going to get destroyed.”
The next few seconds shows an inaudible conversation between Franckowiak and two men in yellow shirts. He also appears to start dancing. Once the cops show up, he holds his hands up and complies with the arrest.
“I ain’t here to fuck with you man,” he says as he is being cuffed. “Put me on YouTube, make me famous.”
According to the YouTube description, Franckowiak attacked a shop unprompted and wouldn’t pay for the damages or apologize.
“’We have a food shop and he just came in and started shouting and abusing us,” a student reportedly said. “He was aggressive and racist.”
”I don’t know what we did wrong,” she added. “It was unprovoked. He shouted at everybody and said the most horrible things.”
According to the YouTube description, he was previously reported for attacking a McDonald’s mannequin in the city.
Franckowiak is from Bismark, North Dakota, and was reportedly being investigated for criminal damage for breaking a window at the restaurant in Chiang Mai, which is in the northern part of the country.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque