- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
An Indiana woman who was body shamed as she tried to buy cupcakes is getting sweet revenge—in cupcake form.
Vega Blossom was in line with the intent to buy six cupcakes at local bakery Designer Desserts-Valparaiso on Saturday, according to the Huffington Post. The line was taking a long time, and a woman waiting behind her was growing impatient.
When Blossom was finally up to order, she says she heard the woman say, “Thank god, now lets hope this fat bitch doesn’t buy all the cupcakes.”
“As soon as I heard that I BOUGHT EVERY DAMN CUPCAKE,” Blossom wrote on Facebook. “I SPENT $54 ON CUPCAKES JUST TO BE A BITCH. HAPPY EASTER.”
Her original post garnered more than 78,000 reactions, drawing support from strangers—and the bakery, which has since delivered two boxes of cupcakes to Blossom at her work.
Two days in a row now Designer Desserts-Valparaiso has delivered me cupcakes to work and i am honestly so thankful for these guys and everything they have done for mePosted by Vega Blossom on Thursday, April 5, 2018
Designer Desserts owner Adam Wiltfang also posted about the incident on the company’s social media pages, denouncing the customer who body shamed Blossom.
“Designer Desserts-Valparaiso is a BULLY FREE ZONE and WILL NOT TOLERATE these disgusting types of attitudes,” Wiltfang wrote on Facebook. “Didn’t your parents ever teach you, ‘If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all’ Keep your mouth shut and snide remarks to yourself.”
An Instagram post from the bakery had a similar message.
Thank you to everyone who showed their support today and for keeping it inspirational and classy. We need to continue to show our support for @vega.entendu and all others who have and will be bullied and body shamed. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. WE WELCOME ALL PEOPLE AT DESIGNER DESSERTS, CUPCAKES ARE FOR EVERYONE!!!
A post shared by Designer Desserts Bakery (@designerdessertsbakery) on
Unfortunately, Blossom has had other fat-shaming bullies come after her on social media, but she’s taking it all in stride. Best of all, she’s getting plenty of cupcakes—and eating them, too.
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.