- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? 1 Year Ago
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet 1 Year Ago
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
Bless this woman who bought $54 worth of cupcakes for revenge on a body shamer
An Indiana woman who was body shamed as she tried to buy cupcakes is getting sweet revenge—in cupcake form.
Vega Blossom was in line with the intent to buy six cupcakes at local bakery Designer Desserts-Valparaiso on Saturday, according to the Huffington Post. The line was taking a long time, and a woman waiting behind her was growing impatient.
When Blossom was finally up to order, she says she heard the woman say, “Thank god, now lets hope this fat bitch doesn’t buy all the cupcakes.”
“As soon as I heard that I BOUGHT EVERY DAMN CUPCAKE,” Blossom wrote on Facebook. “I SPENT $54 ON CUPCAKES JUST TO BE A BITCH. HAPPY EASTER.”
Her original post garnered more than 78,000 reactions, drawing support from strangers—and the bakery, which has since delivered two boxes of cupcakes to Blossom at her work.
Two days in a row now Designer Desserts-Valparaiso has delivered me cupcakes to work and i am honestly so thankful for these guys and everything they have done for me
Designer Desserts owner Adam Wiltfang also posted about the incident on the company’s social media pages, denouncing the customer who body shamed Blossom.
“Designer Desserts-Valparaiso is a BULLY FREE ZONE and WILL NOT TOLERATE these disgusting types of attitudes,” Wiltfang wrote on Facebook. “Didn’t your parents ever teach you, ‘If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all’ Keep your mouth shut and snide remarks to yourself.”
An Instagram post from the bakery had a similar message.
Thank you to everyone who showed their support today and for keeping it inspirational and classy. We need to continue to show our support for @vega.entendu and all others who have and will be bullied and body shamed. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. WE WELCOME ALL PEOPLE AT DESIGNER DESSERTS, CUPCAKES ARE FOR EVERYONE!!!
A post shared by Designer Desserts Bakery (@designerdessertsbakery) on
Unfortunately, Blossom has had other fat-shaming bullies come after her on social media, but she’s taking it all in stride. Best of all, she’s getting plenty of cupcakes—and eating them, too.
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.