- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
As if preparing for finals isn’t hard enough under normal circumstances, a man has been arrested for allegedly throwing buckets of poop on people on and around Toronto university campuses.
The first report of a poop bucket attack came on Nov. 22 when a man walked into the Robarts Library at the University of Toronto and dumped the contents of the bucket he was carrying on two people in the library. One student who witnessed the incident told CTV that she thought it was coffee until the smell reached her. “I thought I was going to faint,” she said. “Me and my friends packed up our stuff and ran out of the room.”
Two days later, two more people were hit with what the Toronto Police Service described as “liquefied fecal matter.” This time it was in a library at York University. The next day, the man with the bucket full of liquified poop delivered the same nasty surprise to a woman walking on the street in the University of Toronto area.
On Monday, Toronto Police released images from security footage of the suspect, hoping to prevent him from continuing his nasty crimes. People noted that in two of the pictures, the suspect appeared to be smiling gleefully.
Please consider a retweet. This man is alleged to be throwing feces on people in Toronto. If you know who he is call Toronto Police 416-808-2222 or remain anonymous by contacting Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477 or https://t.co/s26uSiNpM8 ^sm pic.twitter.com/AyJHBVF0P1— Toronto Police (@TorontoPolice) November 26, 2019
Hope he smiles like that for his mug shot too— Nicole Paling (@Paling1456) November 26, 2019
there's a guy in toronto dumping poop on people in libraries and i really like how happy he looks about it pic.twitter.com/V7g4XCQNwk— lefty ☭ (@kymcga) November 26, 2019
It certainly wasn’t funny for the victims, but people on the internet couldn’t help but make jokes about the crappy situation.
I never thought my biggest concern while waking the streets of Toronto would be someone dumping poop on people... poop dude, who hurt you?— Cassie (@MerelyCassie) November 26, 2019
Basically any three poop— spicoli (@cpalms_walruses) November 27, 2019
criminal activity crimes in Toronto pic.twitter.com/C0PaNyIExs
where does poop bandit stand in the hierarchy of social media–friendly toronto capers? below ikea monkey, naturally, but he's already ahead of the capybaras, chair girl and crane girl. probably forgetting some here— Mike Barber recalling the feel it in the air beat (@mbarber86) November 26, 2019
The viral pictures helped police find the suspect quickly. A news release from the Toronto Police Service stated that 23-year-old Samuel Opoku was arrested around 6pm on Monday under suspicion of carrying out the poop bucket attacks. He has been charged with five counts of assault with a weapon and five counts of mischief interfering with property. He is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
- Instagram influencer recommends sunning your butthole
- These people packed a Thanksgiving feast into a subway car
- Homophobic mom’s ‘super-secret’ meatloaf recipe blasted online by her revengeful, gay kid
H/T BuzzFeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.