- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
These are Google’s most-searched New Year’s resolutions
How to cook lentils? Really?
In an effort to help people decide on what New Year’s resolution to commit to in 2016, Google—by way of TIME—has released a top 10 list of popular searches to inspire each and every one of you.
What Google did was hand pick the most popular “how-to” questions searched in the U.S. during the week leading up to New Year’s Day 2015, and the week that followed the big day.
Most of these results are interesting in that they point to the basic aspirational resolutions people make each and every year. From healthier eating to career changes, these highly searched terms point to the desire for a better life.
Even if kale chips and lentils are an acquired taste, those results make way more sense than the beanie thing. Maybe it was unnaturally cold in America the first week of the year? Thanks Obama!
- how to get rid of stress
- how to make kale chips
- how much water should i drink to lose weight
- how to write a resignation letter
- how to cook lentils
- how to cook cabbage
- how to write a letter of recommendation
- how to cook collard greens
- how to steam broccoli
- how to crochet a beanie
Illustration by Max Fleishman