- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play 1 Year Ago
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Today 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Tomi Lahren has said a lot of awful things, but admitting to kicking her dog could be one of the worst.
The Fox News contributor posted a video to her Instagram story Wednesday morning showing her dog, Kota, wagging her tail, TMZ reported. In the background, Lahren scolds the dog for “chewing on her damn bone as loud as she possibly could” during the pundit’s Fox & Friends appearance.
“So I had to kick her about five times during the show,” Lahren says.
The dog doesn’t look to be injured in the video, and we hope for Kota’s sake, it was a tasteless “joke”—not that there’s anything funny about kicking dogs. The conservative commentator has posted photos with the pup before.
A post shared by Tomi Lahren (@tomilahren) on
Neither Lahren nor Fox News has addressed the offhanded implication of animal abuse, but it’s not the first time she’s been called out on reckless social media remarks.
In January, she apologized for calling Rep. Joe Kennedy III “that little limp dick” and made a transphobic “joke” comparing him to Caitlyn Jenner.
My comments on my personal Instagram about Kennedy’s response were inappropriate and I take full responsibility for that. I got too upset. I sincerely apologize.
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 1, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.