- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Tomi Lahren has said a lot of awful things, but admitting to kicking her dog could be one of the worst.
The Fox News contributor posted a video to her Instagram story Wednesday morning showing her dog, Kota, wagging her tail, TMZ reported. In the background, Lahren scolds the dog for “chewing on her damn bone as loud as she possibly could” during the pundit’s Fox & Friends appearance.
“So I had to kick her about five times during the show,” Lahren says.
The dog doesn’t look to be injured in the video, and we hope for Kota’s sake, it was a tasteless “joke”—not that there’s anything funny about kicking dogs. The conservative commentator has posted photos with the pup before.
A post shared by Tomi Lahren (@tomilahren) on
Neither Lahren nor Fox News has addressed the offhanded implication of animal abuse, but it’s not the first time she’s been called out on reckless social media remarks.
In January, she apologized for calling Rep. Joe Kennedy III “that little limp dick” and made a transphobic “joke” comparing him to Caitlyn Jenner.
My comments on my personal Instagram about Kennedy’s response were inappropriate and I take full responsibility for that. I got too upset. I sincerely apologize.
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 1, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.