- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
Swedish pop star Zara Larsson proves just how strong condoms really are
She’s here to show you that the glove fits.
Guys, check your manhood at the door and take a seat. It’s time for a lesson in the elastic qualities of latex. Your instructor today? The 17-year-old Swedish singer Zara Larsson.
The sophic pop star took to Instagram on Monday to educate any man who has ever bemoaned how suffocating the confines of a condom can be with a demonstration of their tensile strength. Rather than use the traditional banana or cucumber, the winner of the Swedish version of Britain’s Got Talent choose to stuff an appendage of her own into a rubber for the demonstration.
After stuffing her leg up to her knee into a condom, Larsson photographed the feat and posted it to Instagram with the caption “To all the guys saying ‘my dick is too big for condoms’ TAKE A SEAT”
A photo posted by Zara Larsson (@zaralarsson) on
Since then, the singer and her leg have become a bit of a viral sensation, earning over 55,000 likes and thousands of comments. Some papers and media outlets even went so far to hail Larsson and her latex covered leg as feminist heroes. But according to a post on her personal blog, that was never the intention. “I did it as a fun thing only,” she wrote. “Then I see how newspapers write about what feminist genius I am!”
Though she’s comfortable with the spotlight on stage, she certainly shies away from being exalted when their are real girls furthering the cause of women out there.
I, personally, do not consider myself to be some kind of Holy Mary of feminism. It’s kind of just been so for unknown reasons. I am fully aware that there are many, many girls who are better than me at this so extremely many ways and who receive little attention.
She’s humble, funny, and she can stuff her leg into a condom. Zara Larsson, never change.
H/T Buzzfeed | Photo via Frankie Fouganthin/WikimediaCommons (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.