- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
Straight White Boys Texting: A Tumblr ode to male entitlement
“Want to play 20 questions?”
With the rise of #YesAllWomen, we’ve been talking a lot about male privilege and sexual entitlement, and how we live in a world that caters to the desires of straight white men at the expense of pretty much everyone else. The apotheosis of this discussion is Straight White Boys Texting, a Tumblr that compiles the best of the worst of straight white boys asking women for sex.
So ladies, how can you tell if a Straight White Boy is texting you? Well, for starters, he’ll probably open with asking if you want to play 20 Questions…
…which nvariably devolves into an FBI-level interrogation about your sexual history.
From there, the Straight White Boy will most likely segue into a discussion of his personal fitness and grooming habits.
That is, if he doesn’t just straight-up ask you for a blow job first.
Occasionally, the Straight White Boy will open with a little bit of gendered vegetable humor.
But that’s only if he’s generous enough to share with you the punchline for his own joke.
a white boy tried to initiate a conversation with this text message
Some Straight White Boys are sensitive.
Others, not so much.
But they all share one defining trait: the ability to change the topic of any conversation to us showing them our tits.
But hey, ladies, who are we to deny them?
Photo by Style: Raw/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.