- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
“Want to play 20 questions?”
With the rise of #YesAllWomen, we’ve been talking a lot about male privilege and sexual entitlement, and how we live in a world that caters to the desires of straight white men at the expense of pretty much everyone else. The apotheosis of this discussion is Straight White Boys Texting, a Tumblr that compiles the best of the worst of straight white boys asking women for sex.
So ladies, how can you tell if a Straight White Boy is texting you? Well, for starters, he’ll probably open with asking if you want to play 20 Questions…
…which nvariably devolves into an FBI-level interrogation about your sexual history.
From there, the Straight White Boy will most likely segue into a discussion of his personal fitness and grooming habits.
That is, if he doesn’t just straight-up ask you for a blow job first.
Occasionally, the Straight White Boy will open with a little bit of gendered vegetable humor.
But that’s only if he’s generous enough to share with you the punchline for his own joke.
a white boy tried to initiate a conversation with this text message
Some Straight White Boys are sensitive.
Others, not so much.
But they all share one defining trait: the ability to change the topic of any conversation to us showing them our tits.
But hey, ladies, who are we to deny them?
Photo by Style: Raw/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.