- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
An entire staff of a Sonic in Circleville, Ohio carried out their dream on Sunday with a scathing note taped to the front door of the store.
“Warning: Due to terrible management, the whole store has quit,” the letter read. “The company has been sold to people that don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Sorry for the inconvenience, but our team refuses to work for a company that treats their employees like they are shit when they have put everything into this story. We have worked too hard for too long. We are all off to bigger and better things.”
The entire workforce at the Sonic in Circleville, Ohio just quit en masse to protest their new management and workers least two other Sonics in the area did the same. Check out the lovely note the Circleville workers left. pic.twitter.com/onSNUMImMb— Eric Blanc (@_ericblanc) February 24, 2019
Three Sonic locations in Ohio abruptly changed ownership recently, an anonymous source told the Scioto Post. The entire staff of the two other locations also walked out over the weekend. One of which left signs saying “thank you, next” and “goodbye” hanging around the store.
The new ownership has allegedly also cut the in-restaurant workers’ pay from minimum wage to a rate of $4 per hour, plus tips. I don’t know about you, but I can’t tell you the last time I tipped a fast food worker. Carhops at Sonic sometimes skate out to deliver the food to your car, but most people don’t leave a tip for that. In order words, “TIPS. AT A FAST FOOD JOINT,” as someone bluntly pointed out on Twitter.
They cut workers pay from min wage to $4.00 USD + tips.— BoredGeek 🏳️🌈 (@boredgeek) February 24, 2019
$4.00 USD. Plus tips. TIPS. AT A FAST FOOD JOINT.
Sonic communications manager Kyle Lankford told MUNCHIES that employee’s pay was not slashed. “No wage rates at any level have decreased in this transition,” he said. “Of course, Sonic carhops often receive tips in addition to their wages.”
People are applauding the employees’ savage exit on Twitter.
A power move! https://t.co/G9X36vVYR6— tom sandoval’s forehead razor (@TracyZurbrick) February 26, 2019
I used to be an assistant manager for a Sonic here in Virginia. I can't blame them and I'm 100% behind them Sonic is a HORRIBLE company to work for!!!! OMG I have SOOOO many stories.— Best Lion Boi (@BerryUnusual) February 25, 2019
holy shit. sucks that it happened but i fuckin love this response. i hope the new owners lose so much money https://t.co/IX2jcUuyVN— I Am From Space (@leroybirds) February 24, 2019
Here’s to bigger and better things for these bold workers!
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.