- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
An entire staff of a Sonic in Circleville, Ohio carried out their dream on Sunday with a scathing note taped to the front door of the store.
“Warning: Due to terrible management, the whole store has quit,” the letter read. “The company has been sold to people that don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Sorry for the inconvenience, but our team refuses to work for a company that treats their employees like they are shit when they have put everything into this story. We have worked too hard for too long. We are all off to bigger and better things.”
The entire workforce at the Sonic in Circleville, Ohio just quit en masse to protest their new management and workers least two other Sonics in the area did the same. Check out the lovely note the Circleville workers left. pic.twitter.com/onSNUMImMb— Eric Blanc (@_ericblanc) February 24, 2019
Three Sonic locations in Ohio abruptly changed ownership recently, an anonymous source told the Scioto Post. The entire staff of the two other locations also walked out over the weekend. One of which left signs saying “thank you, next” and “goodbye” hanging around the store.
The new ownership has allegedly also cut the in-restaurant workers’ pay from minimum wage to a rate of $4 per hour, plus tips. I don’t know about you, but I can’t tell you the last time I tipped a fast food worker. Carhops at Sonic sometimes skate out to deliver the food to your car, but most people don’t leave a tip for that. In order words, “TIPS. AT A FAST FOOD JOINT,” as someone bluntly pointed out on Twitter.
They cut workers pay from min wage to $4.00 USD + tips.— BoredGeek 🏳️🌈 (@boredgeek) February 24, 2019
$4.00 USD. Plus tips. TIPS. AT A FAST FOOD JOINT.
Sonic communications manager Kyle Lankford told MUNCHIES that employee’s pay was not slashed. “No wage rates at any level have decreased in this transition,” he said. “Of course, Sonic carhops often receive tips in addition to their wages.”
People are applauding the employees’ savage exit on Twitter.
A power move! https://t.co/G9X36vVYR6— tom sandoval’s forehead razor (@TracyZurbrick) February 26, 2019
I used to be an assistant manager for a Sonic here in Virginia. I can't blame them and I'm 100% behind them Sonic is a HORRIBLE company to work for!!!! OMG I have SOOOO many stories.— Best Lion Boi (@BerryUnusual) February 25, 2019
holy shit. sucks that it happened but i fuckin love this response. i hope the new owners lose so much money https://t.co/IX2jcUuyVN— I Am From Space (@leroybirds) February 24, 2019
Here’s to bigger and better things for these bold workers!
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.