- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit 4 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about Google’s new Pixel phones 4 Years Ago
- ‘Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ is a transcendent, lesbian period romance 4 Years Ago
- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out 4 Years Ago
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated Today 11:45 AM
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives Today 11:45 AM
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook Today 11:33 AM
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
Sofia Vergara took a no-makeup selfie, and everyone is confused about it
Trolls are saying that the actress looks ‘suspiciously good’ in the photo.
Makeup-free selfies seem to be having a moment. First, Amy Schumer’s hilarious parody of boy band anthems “Girl You Don’t Need Makeup” launched a viral makeup-free selfie campaign. Then, Tyra Banks made waves last week with her “raw and real” selfie. Now, the notoriously glamorous Sofia Vergara is stepping up to the plate with her own makeup-free selfie.
A photo posted by Sofia Vergara (@sofiavergara) on
Vergara posted this glowing poolside selfie to her Instagram last Sunday. While Vergara’s caption makes no reference to makeup or a lack thereof, media outlets and readers are marveling at how flawless she looks au naturel.
Some makeup-free selfie truthers, however, have been less kind.
It’s no surprise that trolls would be “suspicious” about Vergara’s flawless appearance. But guys, she didn’t even say she wasn’t wearing makeup. Can’t a girl just post a pool pic in peace?
Sofia’s not the only celebrity who’s been accused of faking her #makeupfree selfie. Kim Kardashian and Selena Gomez have also been accused of wearing makeup in their own selfies—despite the fact that criticizing women for lying about wearing makeup is just as offensive as insisting they should wear it in the first place.
We love seeing these ladies so comfortable in their skin. Here’s looking forward to the day when a lady taking a photo without makeup isn’t such a big deal.
Photo via Sofia Vergara/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.