- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Sofia Vergara took a no-makeup selfie, and everyone is confused about it
Trolls are saying that the actress looks ‘suspiciously good’ in the photo.
Makeup-free selfies seem to be having a moment. First, Amy Schumer’s hilarious parody of boy band anthems “Girl You Don’t Need Makeup” launched a viral makeup-free selfie campaign. Then, Tyra Banks made waves last week with her “raw and real” selfie. Now, the notoriously glamorous Sofia Vergara is stepping up to the plate with her own makeup-free selfie.
A photo posted by Sofia Vergara (@sofiavergara) on
Vergara posted this glowing poolside selfie to her Instagram last Sunday. While Vergara’s caption makes no reference to makeup or a lack thereof, media outlets and readers are marveling at how flawless she looks au naturel.
Some makeup-free selfie truthers, however, have been less kind.
It’s no surprise that trolls would be “suspicious” about Vergara’s flawless appearance. But guys, she didn’t even say she wasn’t wearing makeup. Can’t a girl just post a pool pic in peace?
Sofia’s not the only celebrity who’s been accused of faking her #makeupfree selfie. Kim Kardashian and Selena Gomez have also been accused of wearing makeup in their own selfies—despite the fact that criticizing women for lying about wearing makeup is just as offensive as insisting they should wear it in the first place.
We love seeing these ladies so comfortable in their skin. Here’s looking forward to the day when a lady taking a photo without makeup isn’t such a big deal.
Photo via Sofia Vergara/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.