- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
New Aunt Kat Armendariz’s selfie game was on another level when she snapped a picture of herself with her sister in the delivery room. On paper, the idea might sound sweet: two sisters together, an intimate moment before the baby arrives. Except her sister was about to give birth when the photo was taken.
Except her sister was about to give birth when the photo was taken.
Armendariz, mother of five, looked calm and collected while her sister seemed to be screaming in agony. She captioned the photo “SELFIE! While my sister is about to shove a baby out her vag!”
While the caption may have been fun and playful, the severe look of pain on her sister’s face resulted in a backlash toward the selfie, which has garnered nearly 500K views since Armedariz uploaded it to Imgur on July 2.
In the comment section, users voiced their anger over Armedariz taking the spotlight on her sister’s big day while portraying her sibling in an unflattering light. Armedariz responded to the accusation in an interview with Mashable: “She wasn’t in too much pain at first, so she thought it was pretty funny. I told her I was going to do it, she just started the oxytocin and the labor pains began almost instantly. She started to feel it and right when she was like, ‘Oh my god I can’t take this,’ I took the photo.”
Sisters, can’t live with them, can’t take a selfie without them.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.