- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Hot guys cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ to call out homophobic blood donation rules
They’re making an important point.
It was big news for the gay community when the FDA announced that it would be be scrapping the longtime ban on gay and bisexual men donating blood. But it turned out the FDA would only let men who had been celibate for at least 12 months donate blood. Meanwhile, there’s still a huge need for blood donations that could help save lives.
While lifting the ban shows progress, many in the gay community still aren’t too happy with the new restrictions. In a parody cover of Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar’s “Bad Blood,” Self and a band of hot dudes poke fun at the idea that gay men should stay away from the dick for at least 12 months in order to give blood. In true “Bad Blood” fashion, characters such as Dr. Policy and Cum Gutters are styled with kickass wardrobes.
These guys are fighting the good fight—while looking totally glam at the same time.
Photo via thebatteryco/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.