- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Doritos introduces rainbow-colored chips inspired by the LGBT flag
Equality never tasted so good.
It just became a lot easier to taste the rainbow. On Thursday morning, chip giant Frito Lay put their snacks where their mouth is by showing their support of the LGBT community with the launch of Doritos Rainbows.
The first rainbow-colored chips in Doritos history come in five vibrant colors, inspired by the Pride Flag. “We’re bringing an entirely new product experience to our consumers to show our commitment toward equal rights for the LGBT community and celebrate humanity without exception,” chief marketing officer Ram Krishnan said in a press release.
It just became a lot easier to taste the rainbow. On Thursday morning, chip giant @doritos put their snacks where their mouth is by showing their support of theLGBT community with the launch of Doritos Rainbows. For a donation of $10 or more to the @itgetsbetter project hungry hands can get a bag of these vibrant chips inspired by the colors of the pride flag. #BoldandBetter
A photo posted by Daily Dot (@dailydot) on
But don’t run out to your local supermarket just yet, because these Cool Ranch chips aren’t available for purchase. If you want to get your hungry hands on a bag, you’ll have to head over to the It Gets Better Project’s website. For a donation of $10 or more, fans will have the rainbow-colored corn chip delivered straight to their door—while supplies last, of course.
Best of all, Doritos will cover shipping costs to ensure that 100 percent of the proceeds go directly to the nonprofit. With each donation users are allowed to submit a quote of self-acceptance using the hashtag #BoldandBetter to encourage others to remember the message emblazoned on the Rainbows bag. Because there’s nothing bolder than being yourself.
H/T Good Morning America | Photo via Greg Seals
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.