- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
Doritos introduces rainbow-colored chips inspired by the LGBT flag
Equality never tasted so good.
It just became a lot easier to taste the rainbow. On Thursday morning, chip giant Frito Lay put their snacks where their mouth is by showing their support of the LGBT community with the launch of Doritos Rainbows.
The first rainbow-colored chips in Doritos history come in five vibrant colors, inspired by the Pride Flag. “We’re bringing an entirely new product experience to our consumers to show our commitment toward equal rights for the LGBT community and celebrate humanity without exception,” chief marketing officer Ram Krishnan said in a press release.
It just became a lot easier to taste the rainbow. On Thursday morning, chip giant @doritos put their snacks where their mouth is by showing their support of theLGBT community with the launch of Doritos Rainbows. For a donation of $10 or more to the @itgetsbetter project hungry hands can get a bag of these vibrant chips inspired by the colors of the pride flag. #BoldandBetter
A photo posted by Daily Dot (@dailydot) on
But don’t run out to your local supermarket just yet, because these Cool Ranch chips aren’t available for purchase. If you want to get your hungry hands on a bag, you’ll have to head over to the It Gets Better Project’s website. For a donation of $10 or more, fans will have the rainbow-colored corn chip delivered straight to their door—while supplies last, of course.
Best of all, Doritos will cover shipping costs to ensure that 100 percent of the proceeds go directly to the nonprofit. With each donation users are allowed to submit a quote of self-acceptance using the hashtag #BoldandBetter to encourage others to remember the message emblazoned on the Rainbows bag. Because there’s nothing bolder than being yourself.
H/T Good Morning America | Photo via Greg Seals
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.