- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ 7 Months Ago
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild 7 Months Ago
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters 7 Months Ago
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Today 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Today 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Today 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Today 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Today 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Today 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Today 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Today 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Today 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
Man shouting racist slurs attacks Black woman with metal rod outside grocery store
A Black woman who was sitting outside of a West Hollywood, California, grocery store is unharmed after witnesses stepped in to stop an allegedly drunk man yelling racist slurs from assaulting her with a metal rod.
Angela Jefferson was quietly studying and listening to music outside a Pavillions early Tuesday afternoon when an unidentified, seemingly drunk man who was sitting at a nearby table began yelling at her, according to CBSLA. “He was calling me the N-word… He was calling me the B-word,” Jefferson told the station. When she asked him to stop, he became angrier, smashing the belongings on her table with a metal rod and throwing a chair at her.
Bystanders in and outside of the store heard the commotion. Dulcinea Circelli, who was eating inside when the altercation started, said she came outside and began recording when she saw the man call Jefferson the N-word and try to hit her in the head with the metal rod. The video Circelli took shows another man physically putting himself between Jefferson and her attacker, while a security guard watches from several feet away. The bystander can be heard scolding the man for his behavior saying, “You need to go, or we’re going to call the fucking cops and have them remove you… You almost hit her. Do you realize that? You’re sitting here calling people n*****s and bitches, and you’re throwing chairs and shit.”
When white people attack! Don't think I won't record you and shame you.
Posted by Dulcinea Circelli on Tuesday, July 10, 2018
This enrages the man even further, and he begins yelling and swinging the rod at the man who intervened. The good samaritan stays calm throughout the altercation, while the man yells at the security guard, “Tell this guy to get away from me!” The security guard’s response is not audible, but he appears to shrug at the man’s request.
“It was just so scary and just the fact that he was expecting the security guard to back him up when he was armed and attacking two people with metal rods,” Circelli said to CBSLA.
The man left before officers arrived, and despite his attempted assault and destruction of property, authorities do not appear to be seeking him out for arrest. Police say that if the man returns, repeats the violent behavior, and is caught, then they will arrest him.
H/T the Root
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently working out of St. Paul, Minnesota. They have bylines at The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, and Bullet Points. Follow them on Twitter @thedialogtree