- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 4 Years Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
This video of a savage beating in McDonald’s will make you sad for humanity
Witnesses reportedly took out their phones and started recording the action, without trying to help the victim.
16-year-old Aniah Ferguson was identified and arrested as a key perpetrator in a vicious fight that went down in a McDonald’s restaurant in Brooklyn Thursday.
Ferguson’s shirt came off in the scuffle, and she continued raining blows on her 15-year-old victim while clad in a purple bra. Then she stole the victim’s purse and cell phone.
According to the New York Daily News, no one intervened to help the victim during the fight. They simply took out their phones and recorded the attack.
Ferguson was charged with gang assault and robbery. Some of her co-conspirators are also suspected of having ties to a gang called the Young Savages.
This is hardly the first time Ferguson has tangled with the law. She’s been arrested six times since her 16th birthday last July, most recently for allegedly stabbing her brother in the arm with a knife early February.
Two months ago, Ferguson also allegedly attacked her grandmother, who has an order of protection against her. A former neighbor told the New York Daily News that her grandmother was seen running out of the apartment, screaming, “She’s going to burn the house down.”
In a remarkable (yet sadly predictable) twist, the victim of the McDonald’s beating has now achieved some degree of Internet notoriety for identifying herself online, bragging about being the victim of the attack in a Facebook post.
The full (and intense) video can be viewed here.
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.