- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 6 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 6 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 6 Years Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
High schoolers’ Instagram promposals are nauseatingly adorable
They’re nausorable, if you will
If you were anything like me in high school, you were probably asked to prom at the last minute, by the closeted kid in your grade who wanted to take one last stab at pretending he was straight before going all-out in college.
Kids today, however, are a lot more creative. Apparently, they’re flocking to Instagram to show off the elaborate ways they’re asking their dates to prom. The hashtag for this trend? “#Promposals.”
According to a post on Instagram’s blog, which aggregates the “best” (I use this adjective very loosely) of the #promposals, high schoolers are going to great lengths to ask their friends/significant others to proms, and then documenting said promposals on Instagram. You’ll find the results either adorable, nauseating, or somewhere in between (nausorable, if you will).
Here’s a marching band #promposal from cheerleader @emm_dawggg, subtitled “my perfect #promposal from my perfect boyfriend.” The grown-up part of me is happy for them. The 16-year-old mean girl part of me hopes @emm_dawggg gets dumped for that dude on the right in the red windbreaker.
Here’s Caleigh from Alabama dressed as a zombie.
This is, in my opinion, one of the more dangerous and irresponsible #promposals, because had I been Jacob and walked in on my girlfriend dressed as a zombie on a night other than Halloween, I would’ve immediately grabbed a baseball bat and bashed her brains in while screaming, “Die, undead scum, die.” But apparently Jacob said yes, which is great for Jacob and Caleigh, but doesn’t reflect well on Jacob’s zombie apocalypse survival skills.
And here’s @itslbeezy, who asked her date to go to prom by spray-painting the word “prom” on a sheep. OK, this one’s actually pretty great.
H/T Instagram | Photo via madisenn_217/Instagram
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.