- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
This guy told his preschool love he’d marry her—then years later, he did
This is the stuff made of fairytales.
If romance and fairytales tickle your fancy, this story is going to make your heart melt. It’s the story of a couple who met in preschool and fell in love, and they lived happily ever after. Their story was shared on the Instagram page @thewaywemet, and people went bananas. But let’s back up a little bit. Her name is Laura. His name is… well, we don’t really know; but on Instagram, he goes by @the_grod_father. In the post — which, at the time of this article, has received over 22,000 likes and more than 500 comments — @the_grod_father shares how his relationship with Laura started — in preschool. And here’s the best part: he knew from day one Laura would be his wife. “One of my very first memories is of being 3 years old and standing up in front of my pre-school class, declaring that I would marry her someday. As kids, Laura taught me how to ride the swings, draw rolling hills, and the ‘right way’ to properly eat string cheese. We have fond memories of playing hide-and-go-seek, chasing after each other on the playground, and mischievously staying up during nap time. I was enamored with Laura as a child, and I still am to this day.”
Check out the full post below!
I know, I know — every other relationship pales in comparison. This love story stood the test of time and survived years of silence and even great distances. I get antsy waiting for my fiancé to come back from the mailbox — my hat’s off to you two. While meeting the love of your life at a young age is something a lot of us like to dream about, it’s not all that common. In fact, some statistics say that less than two percent of all marriages are between high school sweethearts. That probably puts marriages between preschool sweethearts at around, oh, I don’t know, -456.8 percent. Give or take.
If you feel like crying hysterically, @thewaywemet is a good place to start. The love stories are unlike any other you’ll read. Just find a private place at work to sob uncontrollably. You’ve been warned.
This story originally appeared on Bustle and has been republished with permission.