- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 5 Months Ago
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
Warning: Graphic video.
A horrifying video has captured a Boston Police vehicle running over a one-year-old girl, who has reportedly sustained collar-bone injuries.
Surveillance video from the incident, which took place on Monday evening in Boston, shows the child emerging in front of the police car as it slowly pulls out of street-side parking. After the car pulls away, the one-year-old is seen tumbling out from underneath the car.
Boston police runs over a 1-year-old with a cruiser. As the girl recovers from a broken collar bone an investigation has been launched. pic.twitter.com/cqeivzuUK1— zellie (@zellieimani) May 23, 2019
After the officer runs her over, a person immediately runs toward the child from across the street to swoop her up. A woman who was behind the car parked in front of the police car also runs toward the child, then after the police car. Within seconds, two officers are seen arriving at the scene.
The girl suffered a broken collar bone, according to WBZ, and is “just asking for a speedy recovery,” her mother said.
Police are investigating to determine what happened, though according to Boston Police Commissioner William G. Gross, a preliminary investigation suggests it was an accident. He said such an incident is “any police officers’ worst nightmare.”
“She’s still recovering, and God bless her. From what we could ascertain, it’s definitely an accident, and we’re working with the family,” Gross said. “It’s just a tragic accident.”
A witness told WHDH that the officer behind the wheel was visibly shook: “He was very upset and you could tell he was in shock. I think he was crying.”
Mayor Martin J. Walsh says his heart goes out to the child. “When you see a little person get hit by a car like that, it’s horrible,” he said, according to WHDH.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque