- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Warning: Graphic video.
A horrifying video has captured a Boston Police vehicle running over a one-year-old girl, who has reportedly sustained collar-bone injuries.
Surveillance video from the incident, which took place on Monday evening in Boston, shows the child emerging in front of the police car as it slowly pulls out of street-side parking. After the car pulls away, the one-year-old is seen tumbling out from underneath the car.
Boston police runs over a 1-year-old with a cruiser. As the girl recovers from a broken collar bone an investigation has been launched. pic.twitter.com/cqeivzuUK1— zellie (@zellieimani) May 23, 2019
After the officer runs her over, a person immediately runs toward the child from across the street to swoop her up. A woman who was behind the car parked in front of the police car also runs toward the child, then after the police car. Within seconds, two officers are seen arriving at the scene.
The girl suffered a broken collar bone, according to WBZ, and is “just asking for a speedy recovery,” her mother said.
Police are investigating to determine what happened, though according to Boston Police Commissioner William G. Gross, a preliminary investigation suggests it was an accident. He said such an incident is “any police officers’ worst nightmare.”
“She’s still recovering, and God bless her. From what we could ascertain, it’s definitely an accident, and we’re working with the family,” Gross said. “It’s just a tragic accident.”
A witness told WHDH that the officer behind the wheel was visibly shook: “He was very upset and you could tell he was in shock. I think he was crying.”
Mayor Martin J. Walsh says his heart goes out to the child. “When you see a little person get hit by a car like that, it’s horrible,” he said, according to WHDH.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque